Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please proof my wording

Hello ladies!  I would greatly appreciate it if you could review the wording on my invite.  My parents are hosting, but would like to recognize his parents on the invite.  His parents are divorced.  One thing I was wondering was if "Son of" is supposed to be on the same line as his mom's name or on a line by itself.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter

Sally Ann
to
Robert Michael Smith

Son of Mrs. Margaret Jones
Mr. Gerald Smith

Saturday, the ninth of October
two thousand ten
at half past two o'clock in the afternoon

Name of Church
1234 Marriage Lane
City, State

Music begins at two o'clock

Re: Please proof my wording

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    It looks good.  Why the "Music begins at two o'clock"?  Is the reception to follow? 
  • Only one small tweak, below.  And, skip the "music begins" line.  Not necessary.

Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
    request the honour of your presence
    at the marriage of their daughter

Sally Ann
    to
    Robert Michael Smith

Son of Mrs. Margaret Jones
    Mr. Gerald Smith

Saturday, the ninth of October
    two thousand ten
    at half after two o'clock in the afternoon

Name of Church
    1234 Marriage Lane
    City, State
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Looks fine, but you need to put something about the reception on the invite unless you have a seperate card that gives the details.  Even then, I would put reception immediately following at XXXXXX. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • I'm not sure why they would be interested in when the ceremony music starts. People know that the time the ceremony starts is the time the bride walks down the aisle, and they plan to arrive accordingly.

You should have something about the reception on there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks for all of your quick input.  The "music begins line" is because of my minister.  He strongly suggested to put it on there and now my mother is adamant about having it even though I don't really care to.  My minister says that without putting it people show up at all kinds of times; he's seen it and my mom insists that he is the expert.  *sigh*

I have a separate card for the reception with the time and location as it is not immediately following the ceremony.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    I think the music line will confuse people.  People will know what time to arrive in order to be on time for the ceremony.  "Music starts at two o'clock", seems really unneccessary.  Can't you include that info on your website or spread it by word of mouth?
  • Well, I told my mom the general consensus of the board and she said that I can do whatever I want, so the music line is coming off.  :o)  Thanks again for your help ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards