Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**Sara**

Propaganda from my former client![url]http://voiceofcolor.com/en/aboutcolor/tips/artsasinspiration/index.asp[/url] 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Search & Win
My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!

Re: **Sara**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- thank-you! I'm trying to think if I'm ok so far... the painting is gray with blue and orange (gloves actually). I painted the whole room gray (is that too depressing?), and the floor in the whole house is natural oak, so I can't change that. lol- hopefully I'm not off already! Thanks for this tho!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I painted the bedroom a blue-tinted gray, and we lurve it. Gray is a neutral, and a great start :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sounds similar to ours- I wanted just gray, but it def has a tint of blue to it. I saw a pic of a gray room and just fell in love with it. What other colors do you use in your room? Do you think orange would be too loud with gray?
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love grey with all bright citrusey colors, orange, yellow, lime green, etc.. and then with black.  I am obsessed with grey, yellow, and black together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was flipping through a redbook magazine the other day and they had a whole spread on decorating and the room was grey with yellow and blue accents.  I think orange would also be a great accent color with grey.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like that combo!  And I really like grey walls.  [url]http://voiceofcolor.com/en/inspicafe/voc/harmony/voc_inspi_content.asp?harmony_id=6&swatch_id=35[/url][url]http://voiceofcolor.com/en/inspicafe/voc/harmony/voc_inspi_content.asp?harmony_id=4&swatch_id=14[/url]If you go to "My Project" and then "Visions at a Glance" and then "Click here to try it now" - you can virtually change the wall color, trim, etc in their pictures.  It is kinda fun!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on what tone of orange. I lurve a good cheery orange (especially now that I'm thinking in fall colors), but it's easy to overwhelm with bright colors. I'd stick to throw pillows, a lamp shade, etc for a pop of color (and then it's easy to change your accent color out when you get bored or with the seasons)Our bedroom is very dark mahogany furniture, with a grey-toned blue comforter. Our bedroom is really all about the furniture set - it was my g-mas, and it's HUGE and fairly ornate, so I wanted everything else in the room to merely compliment it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love that site! I wish I had this before I painted my kitchen cream- it was a good thought, but not the specific color I picked... I think our furniture may prove to be problematic- its all hand-me-down. which is fine, it just doesnt match. But I like the accent orange idea! so if I really hate it, it won't be hard to change. I was thinkingof painting my coffee table orange- probably a bad idea
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as you don't love your current coffee table color, orange could be super cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its a crappy kitchen table that we cut the legs off of... our family room is pretty big- so the big size of it doesn't look off. Here's the look I was thinking of going for:
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love that pic! Do it! If you hate how it turns out, you can always paint it white and put an orange bowl on top :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like that idea.  What do the legs look like?  Would covering it with an orange fabric be easier?My DH will not let me paint any of our furniture.  I really really want to!

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do you really think it would be ok? the table is even orante on the sides like that one. My Dad wants me to refinish it to match the floors- I just think that would be too much wood and too matchy matchy- does that make sense? I dunno
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I LOVE that table!  You have to do it!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do it - only if you have vintage looking brass knuckles to put on top of classy books! ;)

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marburs, I hear you on the matchy-matchy. I refust to have too much of the same wood in the same room - we replaced our interior doors, but I insisted DH NOT match them to the bedroom furniture, because I felt it would be overkill. If you're going to keep wood on wood, I like a mix of a light finish and dark finish (see my bio for our dining room - light floors and dark furniture)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the table being the exact same finish as the wood floors would be too matchy-matchy.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- and here's the gray picture I fell in love with (kinda goes with Stace's gray yellow theme) (I have a folder titled 'house inspiration' hence why I have all thepics)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry, I also have a folder of house inspiration pics - it's a result of having wedding planning bios! And I love the yellow/gray room!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jen- I just checked out your bio- I love your house! We have a very similar '70s' bathroom, only our is black and white- and the main bathroom, a project for after the wedding. lol. p.s. looove your kitchen!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! And lol to the 70's bathroom. I didn't even put the master bath in the bio - it's terrible. It has 5 walls, and the worst colors ever - the floor is an icky used-to-be white linoleum, the toilet is "bisque", the vanity oak with white sink, and the shower/bath is ivory. WTF? I cannot wait to re-do it, but that will be a looong time from now because we know we want to move a wall back to give it a better layout.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bisque, white and ivory? oh my. and I thought our downstairs bathroom was bad- it has a baby blue sink and toilet and (wait for it) pink tiles on the floor, walls AND ceiling- and its plastic tile.  lol- ok, actually I'm not sure which bathroom is worse. But hopefully neither will be around for too much longer
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ahhh - here you can see the floor, toilet (which by the way, is also midget sized. Seriously, I never know toilets came in "short" heights!), and sink - all different shades! And this was right after I painted and installed crown molding and baseboards, because the walls used to be the same color as the floor. http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d828b3127ccec4077f28883d00000020O10KaN3LNkzYg9vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At first glance I just thought your ceilings were really high- that is a short little toilet! Maybe so you can paint your toes while on the toilet? lol I love that color on the walls! This is a little brighter than yours, but this is in my house folder:
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have good taste :)This is my idea for the 70's bathroom when it one day gets a makeover: [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/yjvpkhn[/IMG]
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I hate to say it, but I think your bathroom wins! :)I really, really really want a house, and this conversation is making me ache for one even more!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sonya, I can tell you the stories of my roof nightmare again to cure your home ownership cravings! Seriously, We had to drain everything in our savings this summer, and that was *supposed* to be a new car fund - DH and I both drive cars that are over 13 years old!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    boo- I can't see the picture Sonya- the house next door to me is on sale for 130,000.  Its a cute house- weird people in it, but decent house. I called the agent and I'm betting you could get it for around 115,000!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh- weird.  I'm thinking we have a similar decorating style.  I like the blue in your pic better- not as striking. And I soooo want a tub with feet! I don't think it will work in my bathroom tho.  After you knock down your wall, will you be able to get one in?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards