Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation Wording

So i've been looking around and I have decided that I don't want to do the normal invitation and put my parents request the honor of your presence... i feel like that is too proper for us. I've seen some that start off with we would like to request your presence to join us at our wedding (doesn't sound good but it's something like that that sounds a lot better). How would i write my invitation? I'm so lost

Re: Invitation Wording

• Options
    The reason that there is traditional wording for invitations is that it gets the information across clearly and concisely.  When brides try to change up traditional wording, it often ends up wordy, confusing, or incorrect according to etiquette.  Even in your example, your non-traditional wording uses first person (we, our), when invitations are always written in third person (their).

There is nothing wrong with non-traditional wording per se, but I'm just a fan of the traditional because it works. Perhaps someone will have a good idea as to how you can still word it properly without sounding as formal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards