Wedding Invitations & Paper

I've finalized my invites and would like feedback on what others think! If you have time I'd appreci

So I'm having a vintage type wedding, in a barn, I wouldn't say entirely informal, and not casual but not very traditional or formal. It's a very good mixture of both. Both of our parents are helping financially with the wedding but my mother is remarried to a man to whom I will never call dad and my biological father isn't in the picture so instead of using names I've decided on the following, please comment on my rsvp idea as well, I truly appreciate it!

Andrew Middle Last
and
Erin Middle Last
along with their families,
Would like you to join in the celebration of their marriage
on
Saturday, September 25, 2010
 at 5:30 p.m.
Venue Name
City, Iowa
Reception to Follow

RSVP'S:

R.S.V.P.

Please respond by Septeber 4th, 2010
on our wedding website
http://theknot.com/ourwedding/ JumbledBride

I'm choosing not to do a mail rsvp to save on cost but am also wanting to put something fun at the bottom of our rsvp cards, too. I'm looking for more formal wording for both the invites and the rvsp cards, if you have any ideas I would appreciate any input!

Thanks, Jumbled Bride :]

Wedding Countdown Ticker Andy & Erin

Re: I've finalized my invites and would like feedback on what others think! If you have time I'd appreci

• edited June 2010
    If I were you, I would remove any personal information and re-post. You don't want some internet crazies tracking you down.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Spell out the date and time

Saturday, the twenty-fith of September two-thousand ten
    at half past 5 o'clock ("in the evening" is optional wording)

Another option is to put your family names above yours (although your way is okay too).  
    Together with our families
    Andrew....
    and
    Erin...
    invite

Also, you should include the street address of the venue : )
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_ive-finalized-invites-would-like-feedback-others-think-time-id-appreciate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:af74e783-23b9-4b0c-9bba-327376238dbcPost:5c78d0e0-ebdb-4208-b8ee-8808b24a03ad">Re: I've finalized my invites and would like feedback on what others think! If you have time I'd appreciate it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spell out the date and time Saturday, the twenty-fith of September two-thousand ten at half past 5 o'clock ("in the evening" is optional wording)
    Posted by PharmacyBride[/QUOTE]

The formal way for invitations is "half after five o'clock," and it should be afternoon, because evening doesn't begin until 6.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I edited your OP to take out your personal info.  Internet safety and all.

I've made a number of edits here both for etiquette and for clarity.

Andrew Middle Last
    and
    Erin Middle Last

Together with their families,
    request the pleasure of your company
    at their wedding
    on Saturday, the twenty-fifth of September
    two thousand ten
    at half after five o'clock in the afternoon

Venue NameCity, Iowa
    Reception Immediately Following

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards