Wedding Invitations & Paper

Want to include both our moms who have passed

My fiancee and I have both lost our mom's, although I have read not to include them we both really want to... any suggestions on how to word an invite with my dad, late mother, his late mother, his dad and stepmom?  Thanks!

Re: Want to include both our moms who have passed

• We are hosting along with our dads.

• we are honoring our parents by having the traditional chair that they would sit in left open with a rose on each (i lost my mom, FI lost his dad). also the priest is making a statement during the ceremony such as "and we remember those that are no longer with us" with a slight moment of silence after.

we didn't want to do anything more than that, as we thought it would be a little too morbid. we considered putting their names on the invitations as well, but decided against it as it just came across as odd when reading it.
  • Bride
    and
    Groom

children of Mr. Bride and the late Mrs. Bride
    and Mr. Groom and the late Mrs. Groom

request the pleasure of your company
    at their wedding.

However - I still don't like it. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I think there are many ways to honor parents or other family members that have passed.  Whether it be lighting a candle during the ceremony or having a vase with their names enscribed on them or in the program.  I think the idea of a rose in their chair (posted by psichick) is a great idea too.  However, if you're set on including them in the invite I've seen.....
    Mr. John Doe and the late Mrs. John Doe request the honor of your presence, blah blah blah
    I hope you find something that works for you and that you feel honors both your mothers!  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_want-include-moms-passed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:afe3f023-a6c0-4fbf-bfc7-75a7a63ea499Post:068a4022-deee-4fdf-817c-138dc72aa177">Re: Want to include both our moms who have passed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think there are many ways to honor parents or other family members that have passed.  Whether it be lighting a candle during the ceremony or having a vase with their names enscribed on them or in the program.  I think the idea of a rose in their chair (posted by psichick) is a great idea too.  However, if you're set on including them in the invite I've seen.....<strong> Mr. John Doe and the late Mrs. John Doe request the honor of your presence</strong>, blah blah blah I hope you find something that works for you and that you feel honors both your mothers!  Good luck!
    Posted by jorholbrook[/QUOTE]

This is definitely not correct.  People who are not living can't invite you to anything.  Really, really not cool.  Son of or Daughter of is the only thing you can put on the invites and not have it be really inappropriate. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • My FH's mother passed a couple of years ago. I will have a small frame with her picture in it tied with a ribbon around me boquet. and this si how we worded our invites:
    Because you have shared in their lives by your friendship and love
    you are invited to share with BRIDE and GROOM when they exchange marriage vows on ETC...

We will also be remembering others who have passed on the program. In the end, it is your day, do what will make the two of you happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards