Wedding Invitations & Paper

response card/menu choice wording

I need help on how toword response cards. My venue requires that we give a count for each menu option ahead of time. We also need to mark placecards with what each person has ordered so the wait staff knows who ordered what and we have the correct amount. I have been to weddings where the placecards had a rhinestone in the corner for beef, no rhinestone for chicken or something similar. My question is, how to I indicate on the repsonse cards that I need to know how many people are coming and what each individual person wants to eat? I can't just have the couple write "1" next to beef and "1" next to chicken because I need to be able to mark the placecards so the wait staff knows exactly who gets what as they serve. I will taken ANY and ALL suggestions!! Thanks so much!

Re: response card/menu choice wording

• Someone on my local board just posted a similar question. Here are some of the responses:

I got an invite this spring that needed this indicated. From what I remember, they had my FI's name and then listed the two choices below his name with a line to check and then my name with choices below. Something like this....

Mr So and So
    _______chicken whateveritwas
    _______beef somethingoranother

Mrs So and So

I thought that worked pretty well and seemed very self-explanatory, which is always good! Was probably somewhat time-intensive to do though.

I've also seen this:

Attending:              Meal Choice (Circle One):
    ______________  Chicken Beef Veg Kids

__ Unable to attend

(With nicer words, of course!)
  • We need to be able to do the same thing.  In my bio is the template for our response cards (under templates).

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited November 2009
    I used lovethebeach's idea. I think it's the most concise. However, I had several guests who just checked off entree choices and missed the "initial" part entirely. So we started emailing people to clarify but then chucked that idea. We figured as long as we had the right two entrees per couple (that shared an RSVP), that the couple could sort it out at the table if they needed to switch with each other. It didn't change the entree totals per table or overall. So we gave our best guesses on which member of the couple wanted what, and everything went fine. I figured with our menu choices (beef, chicken, vegetarian), people would remember what they'd ordered a few weeks before. At that point in the wedding planning (2 weeks out), it was just unreasonable to chase down guests who didn't fill out their response cards completely.

So just be prepared for some potential incomplete cards, but know it will turn out fine as long as you have the right entree totals. GL 

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Mr So and So

Mrs So and So

We are doing this.  Wea regoping by doing it this way people will know exactly who is invited (since we are not inviting children) and it should be a pretty fool-proof way of knowing who chose which entree (especially if you have a couple with the same initials).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards