Wedding Invitations & Paper

Electronic RSVP on theknot?

I'm going to be sending out invitations in the next two weeks and I can't make up my mind about RSVP cards.  I was thinking of allowing people to RSVP via mail or our theknot wedding website.  I figured most people will do it online, then I would provide a stamp for those I assume don't use computers frequently (which is less than a handfull).  I'm having trouble with the wording...who has done this? How did you word your RSVP card?! Thank you!!! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Electronic RSVP on theknot?

• The Knot's is notoriously buggy.  We set up our website and RSVPs through weddingwire.com and didn't have any problems.

If you include an RSVP card and envelope, you need to include a stamp.  People don't really pay attention to the envelope enough to notice that it's not stamped (because stamping it is the usual practice), and the RSVPs very often don't have return addresses.  So if you don't stamp them, you might as well not provide the paper option.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I set up my wedding website on mywedding.com mostly because I liked the url that we got...www.mywedding.com/bridelovesgroom (just saying that).  I am actually shocked at how many people are not using the website, vs. the ones who are. 
    My grandparents used the website, and the younger generation seems to be using the card.  I think weddings are seen as such formal events, that traditional rsvp cards are a must.  And stamped of corse.  if you don't want to spend that much money on stamps then make them post card size and use post card stamps. 

The cards themselves were pretty traditonal, a spot for them to write their name, and the line for I accept your invite, or I regretfully decline, and on the bottom it said, Or, rsvp online at ______
    I made sure our website was in the invitation several times.  It was on the RSVP, and on two other inserts so people would see it.  Good Luck
  • If you provide me with an actual RSVP card I will use it, no matter the other options.  And if it's not stamped because you assumed I wouldn't want to use it, I will be annoyed.

If you only provide the option of RSVPing online or some other way and don't give me a card, I will roll my eyes at you unless you are having a very informal wedding.  And if you put the card that says "please RSVP on our website" inside an RSVP envelope like my cousin did, I will seriously judge you.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Thanks ladies, I guess it's pointless to have the online RSVP if providing stamps is the "required" thing to do.  I don't think my guests are as judgemental or as easily annoyed, but it's probably just easier to do RSVP via mail.   
  • I gave people the option as well. I placed an RSVP card and stamped envelope in the invitation.

I also included and INFORMATION card that says something like this:

If you'd like to RSVP on line, see maps, get directions, or request a song at the reception please visit our wedding website _________________.

You can also sign our guest book or leave us a message.
  • Thanks, that's a nice idea. I'm going to just include a link to our website so they can get more information about the wedding. But I'm just going to include stamps with the RSVP cards just to make it simpler. Thanks again:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards