Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please Proof Read

I just found a deal on the invitation I've been looking at but would love for it to be proof read first!  Please be critical, I really appreciate it!  Please note that the items that are italicized will be in a cursive script font and all other items are in a font that has all letters capitalized.

Invitation:

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
Request the Honor of Your Presence
At the Marriage of Their Daughter
First Middle
To
First Middle Last Jr
Saturday, The Twentieth of April
Two Thousand and Thirteen
Two O'Clock in the Afternoon
Our Lady of the Rosary
Address

Reception Card:

Let the Celebration Continue!
Please Join Us for Dinner and Reception
At Five O'Clock in the Evening
Sterling National Country Club
Address

Response Card:

We Look Forward to Celebrating With You!
The Courtesy of A Reply is Requested
By March 30, 2013
M_____________________
Please Indicate the Number of Each
Filet Mignon ____      Chicken Picatta____

Re: Please Proof Read

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Reception
    Sterling National Country Club
    Address
    4:00 Cocktails, 5:00 Dinner (or, if you're not having a cocktail hour, take that part out)

The Courtesy of A Reply is Requested
    By March 30, 2013
    M_____________________
    Please Indicate the Number of Each
    Beef ____      Chicken____

____ Declines
  • For the year, it should be "two thousand thirteen" not "two thousand AND thirteen"

The "and" indicates a decimal point, so, mathimatically speaking, you are writing 2000.13. 

I don't think it's a big deal, but technically there shouldn't be an "and."
  • Definitely include an option to "decline" on your reply card otherwise they might just not send it back and leave you hanging wondering if they are coming
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-proof-read-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b88f3d29-b419-4493-b87a-eb1644ebb38cPost:2316a883-2c34-469b-9a56-8f39fe9426af">Re: Please Proof Read</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the year, it should be "two thousand thirteen" not "two thousand AND thirteen" The "and" indicates a decimal point, so, mathimatically speaking, you are writing 2000.13.  I don't think it's a big deal, but technically there shouldn't be an "and."
    Posted by MeghanERobertson[/QUOTE]

This is not correct.   The 'and' in the year is grammatically correct and belongs there.

That said, it's a minor detail.
  • Thank you all so much!

It is a full mass, so I will look into the wording that was provided for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards