Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Idea

I'd like a few opinions on this and  please be nice.  This is just an idea and NOT set in stone.  Our wedding isn't until next year so I just wanted to know what everyone thought about an idea I had.

My best friend is marrying a police officer and had her wedding invitations done up like a summons to court.  :)  They looked REALLY good.  Well, I'm into greyhounds.  I have 3 at home and own 4 racers.  I've been around the breed and been into racing for about 6 years now.  I'd like to do my invitations like a racing program.

http://www.southlandgreyhound.com/pdf/100006/SL20100701E-program.pdf

This is what they look like.  They wouldn't have to look identical but something similar.  I think it would be pretty neat if I could pull it off some way or another.  What do you all think?  Dumb or creative?  Again, be nice....just an idea. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation Idea

• I would have to see the actual invitation to know whether I would like it.  Right now my thought is that the program is *really* busy.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Really busy were my thoughts exactly. You might be able to pull it off by removing so many of the extra lines, I think it would be hard to read and anyone not into racing would have no idea what you were trying to achieve with this.

What about doing a regular invitation and having the programs be more like this? I think it would be easier to achieve that..you'd still need to find a way to make it not quite so busy.
  • Personally I don't like it. I'm not being mean, just honest.

Maybe go with the traditional invites or look at pics on here to get ideas to make your own.
  • I have to agree and say way to busy for me! I would have no idea how to read that!  What if you used it for programs or menu...that way you can still use the idea! Or if you haven't done your save the dates...that would be a cute idea!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards