Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Powerful message for women

I feel like I've posted a bunch of non WR stuff so many times, but this is really interesting and powerful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Powerful message for women

• Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't look at it now, since I supply the musak for our office with my speakers, but when I saw the subject, I thought it said, "Powerful mAssage for women!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be a very different video - or link to a product maybe. :P
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Indeed! (Although I'll have to check out the link tonight, and I'll probably feel like a tool for making a joke!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Molly, that is a cool video.  It's so interesting to see the process a picture goes through for an ad and how different it can look from the original model!Here's my issue with Dove- they have this whole "Campaign for Real Beauty," which I believe this video is a part of.  Dove is owned and managed by Unilever, which also is a major distributor and creator of popular skin-lightening creams to the third world and the owner of Axe, purveyor of misogynistic commercials and emphasizer of traditional female standards of beauty.  It bothers me that even though this ad campaign is fantastic and even meaningful, the revenue that is brought in from it from women then goes back to this parent company which makes an equal if not higher amount of revenue from such unsavory means.  I am conflicted!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gah! Now I'm conflicted, too. I hate when that kind of thing happens.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( I hate that too!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I've seen that (can't youtube at work). It is a really neat video. Interesting facts LaFemme....I'm not sure what to think of them now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing as Dori lol!That's really interesting Lafemme, I didn't know that and I agree with you that it is a mixed message.  Yeah it's okay to embrace women (if it'll sell products) but *wolf whistle* guys look at this hot chick (if it sells more products).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards