Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Another invitation wording question!

My FI and I are paying for most of the wedding ourselves, with a little help from my mom.  His mom has adamantly refused to help at all with the cost, even after a request for a loan from my FI.  I want to word the invitation so ppl understand that my mom was really the only one that helped, but not incur the wrath of MIL for years to come.  Is this possible?? Or do I just suck it up and say something like "Together with their parents"? 

Re: Another invitation wording question!

• Options
    Neither of our parents contributed, yet we still went with:

Mr and Mrs John and Jane Smith
    request the honour of your presence
    at the nuptial mass uniting their daughter
    Me
    to
    DH
    on...

...my parents hosted and the invites indicated as such.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Technically, the wording on the invitations is supposed to indicate who is hosting the wedding.  Hosting is separate than paying for the wedding.  Although many people interpret the names on the invitation to inidcate who is paying for the wedding, that's technically not correct.

For example, if you were paying for the wedding yourself, but it was a backyard wedding at your parents' house, they would still be the hosts even if they hadn't spent any money.
  • Options
    hosting /=/ money
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards