Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**KimWard** and others

If you sent an invite to the President, I finally got my keepsake card today! :)My invites went out 10 months ago :)So you still might get yours!

Re: **KimWard** and others

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, there is hope!! That is great news! What all is on the card?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Better late than never!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **Butting in**Do you have the address handy that you send these too?**butting out**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, let me see if I can find it. I believe I found the address on the knot actually, under invitation info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is just the same preprinted card that President G.W. Bush used to send out. It is cardstock and cream with a tiny little Presidential seal. It says a nice generic message (Congratulations to you on your wedding day. We hope this special time is blessed, etc) and then has the printed signatures of Barack and Michelle.I really admire their marriage, so I'm excited for the card for the scrapbook (which I have never even started), LOL.The address I sent it to is in my planning bio, I believe, under "All Things Paper."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I used a slightly different address than Kwynn did. I hope it still got there. I found a pic that I took of the invite, and this is how I addressed it: The President and Mrs. Obama and FamilyThe White HouseGreetings Office, Room 391600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NWWashington, DC 20502
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim, I think that when I actually wrote it out, I did write "The President and Mrs. Obama" etc. I'm sure it got there and they're just really backlogged. :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really cool!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay but this is a really dumb question I'm sure. But did you also include SASE with your invation so they can send something back to you? Did you just fold it up and stick it inside your wedding invite??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, no SASE. Maybe I should have...never thought of it, and I never read that in the info where I got my address. Kywnn, did you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *kwynn...that's what I get for typing fast since I'm leaving in a few!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wait, I think I did include a response card, which would qualify as a SASE, duh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But if they were going to send back a picture or a form letter or something, they'd have to fold it up little? I was curious about the manila envelope option?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I don't know then. I'm assuming it's not going to be much- Kwynn said just a letter on cardstock, so I'm thinking something small. Who knows!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I was tutoring and doing some work here on the computer and didn't see this until now.I didn't send an SASE to the President. I sent my regular invite with a postcard response card. But what you get back is the standard little 3x5ish card that has been on the Knot for awhile. They take your address off of the response card/front of the envelope and just send an envelope to you with it in there. You'll know because the return address just says "The White House, Washington D.C." and the zip.The card I got is about the size of an index card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards