Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY invite PSA

I just wanted to warn everyone about something because no one warned me, and now I'm devastated.

We got a few of our invites back "return to sender", so I was able to see how it held up going through the mail. Turns out the color border we printed on every section and insert of our pocket fold invites bled/rubbed off onto the white section of the piece it was touching. It looks terrible. I had been wondering why I didn't recieve that many compliments on my seriously really complicated, well-done, professional looking, fancy invites. Maybe this is why. We worked so hard on them, made everything from scratch, even the pocket, and it turns out no one ever saw the beautiful invite that we saw.

I'm so mad because I tested everything, did all the research, read all the articles; I did everything right. But I never read anything about sending one through the mail as a test. Taking one to the P.O. to weigh for postage yes, but not actually mailing one. I never would have thought of that. So I'm warning all of you so you don't suffer the same fate.  Send one through the mail to see what happens to it.

I don't know why this happened. We used fancy expensive shimmer paper from paper-papers.com, and we didn't print on some crappy home printer. My engineer fiancé thinks it was the paper. He thinks the ink did not adhear well to it because of something in the paper's make up. So test your paper by sending it through the mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards