Wedding Invitations & Paper

Rehearsal dinner invitation wording

I'm helping with the invitations for the rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal will be at the wedding location (FH's parent's house) and dinner following at a different location nearby. For the rehearsal dinner, each member of the wedding party can bring a date. Do their dates attend the rehearsal too or just the dinner?
How would I word the invitations?

Re: Rehearsal dinner invitation wording

• We were completely ok with the WP bringing their date to the rehearsal.  They just sat back and watched everything.  We didn't want the WP to have to worry about meeting back up with their date after the rehearsal and it just made more sense for everyone to be at the same place at the same time.  We are a tight-knit group and knew all of the WP's dates anyways, so we were fine with it.

• Card shops now carry forms for rehearsal dinner invites. But they can be super-informal, even oral, though something in writing is better so people don't forget any details. Anything too formal would seem odd to me, as formal rehearsals for formal weddings are work - requiring concentration and planning; it'd be strange to "invite" people to work on your wedding planning - just like you wouldn't send a formal invitation to an invitation-assembly party. and why have a formal rehearsal dinner for an informal wedding?

I think it's better to state times for the rehearsal and times for the dinner and let dates decide whether they'll attend both or just dinner. We're inviting wedding party members' children in addition to their spouses to dinner, but I don't want the kids in the church as we rehearse. If they come, they can be in another room with their moms, though. [not sexist, it's just it's the groomsmen with kids]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards