Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY: printing on metallic paper

I figured out the perfect font, layout, wording, etc for my invites.  I practiced printing them out on regular paper and fell in love with it.
Meanwhile, I am getting various paper samples in the mail and fall in love with the metallic white linen from paper and more.com

So now I am finally combined the two and found it to be a complete disaster!!  I waited about 2 hours to touch the paper and everything still smeared.  Instead of using my printer - I can look in the cost of getting it professionally done, but I am worried it will still smear.

I am so disappointed!!  Any advice for me?  Can I get some type of spray adhesive to protect the ink?

Sorry if this was asked earlier- I couldn't find another posting.  Send me the link to previous posting if you just answered this last week and don't want to answer again.

TIA!!!!!

Re: DIY: printing on metallic paper

• After inspecting my attempts again - I noticed there is a huge difference between the metallic linen and metallic flat paper.  I think the roughness of the linen was causing extra issues.

Thanks for your advice.  I am going to try a laser printer and then professional printing.
  • REB1003REB1003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    i have an ink jet and it printed just fine on the flat metallic (from paperandmore). so it probably is the lined causing the issues. i love the flat metallic. the ink looks sparkly once printed. 

Life as a Cooking Wife!:
    http://cookinbloom.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards