Wedding Invitations & Paper

Anticipated Attendance

How much of my guest list invites should I anticipate to RSVP that they can go? Or vice versa, How many should I anticipate to not be able to attend?

Re: Anticipated Attendance

• Typically only 70% of your guests will attend.  Hope this helps :)

• Always plan for 100% attendance.  There is no magic formula. Some weddings have 40% acceptance and some have 95%.  Only invite as many as you can afford/the venue can hold.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree, make sure you can afford it/there is enough space if 100% attend, but average is about 70%.  But averages are only averages, it still means that some brides had more than that and some had less.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Never plan on less than you invited.  We invited 204 and 202 attended

• My DD had 96% attendance rate and her wedding was in the middle of Winter in MI.  We never thought we would have that kind of turnout but we had budgeted and planned for 100% so we were good with the amount of room we had and the budget.
  • Our guest list is going to have 2 tiers -- we're sending invitations to Tier 1 first (family and close friends) and then sending out invitations from Tier 2 later, depending on the response we get from Tier 1. It requires more planning, but I think it's worthwhile.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_anticipated-attendance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:db2e6aa6-8e18-4105-a7f3-54f55b90f7e2Post:fccc9b21-d0a8-4e03-a95a-4fdb71391b7a">Re: Anticipated Attendance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our guest list is going to have 2 tiers -- we're sending invitations to Tier 1 first (family and close friends) and then sending out invitations from Tier 2 later, depending on the response we get from Tier 1. It requires more planning, but I think it's worthwhile.
    Posted by mclewis78[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Please don't do this.  B listing is rude, and the B listers will know that they were second choice.  </div>
  • To be honest, I would rather send some invitations later than not invite some folks at all. I think this can be done tastefully -- it doesn't have to be tacky. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_anticipated-attendance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:db2e6aa6-8e18-4105-a7f3-54f55b90f7e2Post:84ea8687-1f6e-4ed0-af88-6e3cb81f337a">Re: Anticipated Attendance</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be honest, I would rather send some invitations later than not invite some folks at all. I think this can be done tastefully --<strong> it doesn't have to be tacky</strong>. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :-)

People understand budget and venue constraints when you say "We just couldn't possibly have everyone we wanted there!"

People are offended when you say "We want you there, but only when Aunt Bobbie, Uncle Ted, and little Jane and Johnny said they couldn't come."

It is RUDE RUDE RUDE to tier your invites, people WILL find out, and you will look horribly tacky and rude. There is no "non-tacky" way to be tacky, sorry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_anticipated-attendance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:db2e6aa6-8e18-4105-a7f3-54f55b90f7e2Post:fccc9b21-d0a8-4e03-a95a-4fdb71391b7a">Re: Anticipated Attendance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our guest list is going to have 2 tiers -- we're sending invitations to Tier 1 first (family and close friends) and then sending out invitations from Tier 2 later, depending on the response we get from Tier 1. It requires more planning, but I think it's worthwhile.

Shame on you for being rude to your guests.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards