Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording Question

I'm having some trouble with my invitation wording... I think it looks weird but it could be because I've been looking at it too long, lol. I have a middle name but FI does not and our parents name will be on the invite. Adding our last names to our name would be redundant right?
Renata Olivia
Daughter of Mom & Dad Smith
and
Sergio
Son of Mom & Dad Jones
Request your presence as they exchange
Wedding Vows
bla bla bla bla

Does that look weird? Should I add last names?
Renata Olivia Smith
Daughter of Mom & Dad Smith
and
Sergio Jones
Son of Mom & Dad Jones
bla bla bla

Maybe I need a break, lol
Thanks in advance!! Laughing

Re: Invitation Wording Question

• You want to keep your name and your FI's name together. Also, is there a reason you don't have titles? I suggest doing one of the following:

Mr. and Mrs. Dad Smith
    request the pleasure of your presence at the wedding of the daughter
    Renata Olivia 
    to
    Sergio
    son of Mr. and Mrs. Dad Jones

Together with their families
    Renata Olivia Smith
    and 
    Sergio Jones
    invite you blah blah blah
    Anniversary
  • I don't love your original wording. From the way you worded it, I would assume the two of you are paying. If that's the case, I would do Shortee's option #2, which implies you're both paying and your parents may or may not be paying as well. I would definitely NOT do her option #1, which implies your parents are paying for the whole thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:dd22a2ad-b18a-46eb-8f4a-93377b0868ebPost:822104a5-c7b9-41ca-955d-1ab9c8c1f4d7">Re: Invitation Wording Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't love your original wording. From the way you worded it, I would assume the two of you are paying. If that's the case, I would do Shortee's option #2, which implies you're both paying and your parents may or may not be paying as well. I would definitely NOT do her option #1, which implies your parents are paying for the whole thing.
    Posted by tenofcups4me[/QUOTE]
    We're all contributing and I just found the correct wording on the invitation section of this site.
    It's supposed to be:
    My Name
    &
    Groom's Name
    Together With Our Parents
    Brides Parents Names &
    Groom's Parents Names
    bla bla bla
    Thanks everyone for the help!
  • You could also do Mr. & Mrs. Smith And Mr. & Mrs. Jones Request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their children Renata Olivia & Sergio
  • Your revised wording is the way I did the invitations for my first wedding so yeah, I like that one :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invitation-wording-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:dd22a2ad-b18a-46eb-8f4a-93377b0868ebPost:2979f6ee-71aa-425a-a5ad-c015ada8506c">Re: Invitation Wording Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invitation Wording Question : We're all contributing and I just found the correct wording on the invitation section of this site. It's supposed to be: My Name & Groom's Name Together With Our Parents Brides Parents Names<strong> &</strong> Groom's Parents Names bla bla bla Thanks everyone for the help!
    Posted by renatari[/QUOTE]

<div>That looks great!  I would take out the "&" that I bolded, though.  To have "and" in between names joins the people on each side of it.  Unless your parents and FI's parents are in some crazy 4-way marriage...hey, I don't judge! :-p</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards