Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Vistaprints pricing is irritating

First I priced out my invitations and it came to under 50 dollars for 100, 5 x 7, double sided. Then I went through the link on the groupon I bought, and with the cost of my groupon factored in it was 55 dollars. So I deleted my browser cookies and tried again without signing in, and now its over 80 dollars and I don't know if shipping is included. Such a scam. I used them a year ago for STD magnets, and though there were two pricing structures, the groupon one was a better deal at that time.

Re: Vistaprints pricing is irritating

• Options
    The groupons alway offer 30% off their regular prices. But they have sales all the time, but you cannot combine your groupon and their sales.  Often, when businesses offer groupons, they have different price structures or sales in conjunction with the groupon.  So depending on what their sale is, yes the groupon is a better deal.  But if you get them during their super clearance sale, it could be cheaper to just purchase them outright from their website. 

But you also need to factor in the money you are not spending on the groupon.  So while you may have a groupon worth $55 and you spend $80, there is still the difference between the cost on your groupon and the value of the groupon to be considered in your final savings.  So if you spent $10 on your groupon, you saved $45 alone, by using the voucher.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_vistaprints-pricing-is-irritating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ee0726ee-a21a-434d-894f-9d0c71b4b10fPost:22ad850a-c607-4b47-9b21-9aeafdfb039a">Vistaprints pricing is irritating</a>:
    [QUOTE]First I priced out my invitations and it came to under 50 dollars for 100, 5 x 7, double sided. Then I went through the link on the groupon I bought, and with the cost of my groupon factored in it was 55 dollars. So I deleted my browser cookies and tried again without signing in, and now its over 80 dollars and I don't know if shipping is included. Such a scam. I used them a year ago for STD magnets, and though there were two pricing structures, the groupon one was a better deal at that time.
    Posted by bezelpup[/QUOTE]

If you call them they will fix it
  • Options
    The 55 dollars factored in the groupon cost. The total was 91 dollars for the printing, minus the 48 dollar groupon, plus the 12 dollars spent on the groupon, so equals 55 dollars. I'm going to try a link they sent me in an email to see if that's a better deal.
  • Options
    Are the groupons still available?  You could purchase another one and divide your order up by the two groupons.  I used multiple ones for my wedding stationary.
  • Options
    Ya I just think it's weird that one time I uploaded what I wanted and got a total of under 50 dollars, then less than an hour later it is 90, then 81, then 85. It's like I got flagged somehow and I can't get that 50 dollar price again. I'm going to try again tomorrow and call.
  • Options
    Be careful when uploading pictures- my save-the-dates came in much darker than the online proof from Vista Print.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards