Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

May I run my final invite wording past you??

Please feel free to throw in any thoughts, punctuation, grammar, etc. Thanks!

Mr. and Mrs. My Parents
request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter

Bride Middle
to
Groom Full Name

Saturday, the sixteenth of March
two thousand and thirteen
a quarter past five o'clock in the afternoon
Name of Church
1111 This Road
City, State

Reception to follow

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: May I run my final invite wording past you??

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I prefer
    two thousand thirteen versus two thousand and thirteen

You also don't need to put "in the afternoon". Trust me, no one will show up at 5:15AM for your wedding. Laughing
  • Options
    I agree with @itzMS with the changes listed above. I think it looks great. What are you thinking for layout/color/paper etc? I love this type of thing.
  • Options
    There's great debate on here as to whether to use the and in the year or not.  I prefer the and.

Also, I'd say "a quarter after five in the afternoon."  There's debate on that also.

Just stating my preferences.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_may-i-run-my-final-invite-wording-past-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ef4a7df7-81ea-43d0-b447-d0a06b29faddPost:209e4b6c-51ef-4613-8890-3aa1296ccc14">Re:May I run my final invite wording past you??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:May I run my final invite wording past you??: Maybe according to you, but not according to Emily Post. Personally, I defer to her.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Emily isn't an invitation expert.   Crane's is the company with expertise and they prefer the use of "and".

That said, the year isn't required.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_may-i-run-my-final-invite-wording-past-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ef4a7df7-81ea-43d0-b447-d0a06b29faddPost:9d7c0a77-a1e8-421d-bb0b-9e8d10124db2">Re:May I run my final invite wording past you??</a>:
    [QUOTE]According to Crane's, it's acceptable to omit the inclusion of step parents on invitations and that multiple siblings over the age of 18 still living at home should receive a single invitation. So from an etiquette standpoint, I wouldn't exactly cite them as the best source.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Emily Post believes it's OK to register for a honeymoon.   I needed the smelling salts after I read that.

You can disagree with Crane's about the way that they advocate treating others (inclusion of step parents / writing out invitations to those over 18) but their grammar is spot on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards