Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Anyone skipped the response cards?

I will admit that on many levels I dislike response cards. When I hosted my best friend's bridal shower, I included them, and fewer than 50% were returned to me. It was a waste of time and money putting them together. Now that I'm thinking about invitations for our wedding, I'm considering just putting "R.s.v.p." on the invitation and skipping the response cards entirely.

We are sending out approximately 30 invitations and expect to have 45-50 guests. It would not be a hassle to follow up with those who don't call, write, or e-mail to let me know whether they'll be attending. But I still wonder whether I am making it too hard on my guests by not including a card, or whether it will be perceived as rude not to include one. Has anyone skipped response cards and/or have advice or wisdom to share?

Re: Anyone skipped the response cards?

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    We plan to skip response cards.  Our guests are (for the most part) very savvy and know what it means when R.S.V.P. is printed in the lower left corner of the invitation.  I've been reading posts on TK the better part of a year and am convinced now, more than ever, that it would be a waste of time, paper and money to include response cards. 

Time after time, brides complain about the need to call about 10% - 20% of those invited due to lack of response.  Fewer than 5% of our guests may not know what to do when they open an invitation without a response card enclosed.  That math makes the decision not to include the response card very easy.

You are not making it hard on your guests.  Don't worry.  If they don't know what to do, they'll ask someone ... or better yet, call you.  Ta da!  Done.  It will work out, I promise.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_anyone-skipped-response-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ef75a828-09a3-4920-a651-408ba7ba35d6Post:ce46277c-915d-4761-ace5-32d8057ae369">Re: Anyone skipped the response cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We plan to skip response cards.  Our guests are (for the most part) very savvy and know what it means when R.S.V.P. is printed in the lower left corner of the invitation.  I've been reading posts on TK the better part of a year and am convinced now, more than ever, that it would be a waste of time, paper and money to include response cards.  <strong>Time after time, brides complain about the need to call about 10% - 20% of those invited due to lack of response.  Fewer than 5% of our guests may not know what to do when they open an invitation without a response card enclosed.  That math makes the decision not to include the response card very easy. </strong>You are not making it hard on your guests.  Don't worry.  If they don't know what to do, they'll ask someone ... or better yet, call you.  Ta da!  Done.  It will work out, I promise.
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

But these are just completely arbitrary numbers so I don't get your logic.
    Every single one of our guests returned the rsvp cards.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards