Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Announcement and AHR Invites

Hey girls! I am getting ready to send out our wedding announcements, they are the postcard kind from Wedding Paper Divas so they will also act as our save-the-date for our at-home reception coming up.

I feel like the announcement will start to set the tone for our upcoming party, which will be a semi-formal, early afternoon (1:00PM) party with food stations, drinks and music, not a sit-down dinner or anything. My question is, should I be addressing the announcements and, eventually, the invites as "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" or simply "John and Jane Smith". If there are children, is it "Mr. and Mrs. John Smith and Family", "John and Jane Smith and Family" (I feel like there's a lot of "and" going on there), or "The Smith Family"?

The invites will be written as "Saturday, October 15, 2011 at 1:00PM" (I know it's 6 months out, it's the soonest we are able to make it home, gotta love the military!) as opposed to the "October fifteenth two-thousand and eleven" way, so that it does not come off as too formal. But, I do want to send the message of..hey ladies, throw a dress on and guys, wear a shirt that buttons up, ya know?

What do you think? Is using "Mr. and Mrs." and keeping the rest of invite casual 'semi-formal' enough? Will our guests get the message?
PersonalMilestone Anniversary