Wedding Invitations & Paper

Gift Registery

My Fiance and I are registering at Bed Bath and Beyond. We are living in a house that needs a lot of updating. Would it be appropriate to say that we would also accept gift cards to Menards. If that is acceptable how would I word it on the invitations?

Thanks

Re: Gift Registery

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_gift-registery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f4a49960-2e25-44b6-9b41-21651ed630efPost:359991af-c6e2-477d-8b8e-cae90aecb53b">Gift Registery</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance and I are registering at Bed Bath and Beyond. We are living in a house that needs a lot of updating. Would it be appropriate to say that we would also accept gift cards to Menards. If that is acceptable how would I word it on the invitations? Thanks
    Posted by dkclayton8906[/QUOTE]

<div>It is incredibly rude to have any mention of gifts or registries in an invitation.  You don't say anything.  </div><div>
    </div><div>You will accept whatever people decide to give you.  It is a gift, not a payment.  </div>
  • No no no no.  Just say no. Registry information does not belong anywhere on or in the invitation.  They are GIFTS, and you never ask for gifts.  

As PP said, it is appropriate to include in shower invites, since the idea of a shower is to 'shower' the bride with gifts.

You can also use word of mouth, let your parents and WP know, and they can tell someone if they ask.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Like pp's said, don't list your registry anywhere on your invite info.

However, some, like me, do post registries on wedding websites.  I think for the menards gift cards, the best thing to do is spead by word of mouth with help from parens
  • If you're in a situation where spreading your registry information is difficult (say you live in a separate state than your parents & family and everyone is meeting somewhere for a destination wedding) you can make a wedding website (the knot has a lot!) and then include an enclosure card including the wedding website information, and include the registry information on the website along with accommodations, activities, restaurants, day of schedules, how you met, etc.
  • If you're in a situation where spreading your registry information is difficult (say you live in a separate state than your parents & family and everyone is meeting somewhere for a destination wedding) you can make a wedding website (the knot has a lot!) and then include an enclosure card including the wedding website information, and include the registry information on the website along with accommodations, activities, restaurants, day of schedules, how you met, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards