Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording question

I know that traditionally if we are paying for our wedding then the parents names aren't typically on the invites.  I wondered on what people's take on this was - did you include them anyway?

Also FIL are paying for rehearsal dinner, so does this mean they should be included on wedding invites too?
BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
image 48 Are ready to party!
image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
image 59 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wording question

• Together with their parents is what we used, less lengthy and all parents were helping contribute.
  • FI and I are paying for the majority of the wedding, my parents purchased my dress, and his parents are contributing towards the cost of the reception, but we did the traditional bride's parents hosting.  I guess I don't really care who is paying for our wedding, and as a guest I've never really been interested in who's paying, but I do like being traditional.
  • Both sets of parents contributed and FI and I paid for the rest.  Ours have my name/ his name at the top then "together with their parents" ...... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Since you're asking, I assume that you aren't totally set on a wording yet.  I would talk to your families and see what they would prefer.  There have been many brides that have parents with strong opinions on this subject.  It's way better to know now than to offend someone after the invitations have been printed and sent out.

FWIW, my parents, his parents, and the two of us each paid for about 1/3 of our wedding.  We used a "together with their parents" line.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You could also use:

Bride's parents request the honor of your presance at the marriage of their daughter
    Your Name to
    FI Name
    son of His Parents

Spacing may be incorrect, but then both may be included this way (if you have the room on your invites, of course)

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards