Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Ordering Stamps Online

I know a few people on here have ordered. To make sure you got the right amount of postage, did you just go to the post office and have them weigh an invitation and then go home and order the stamps online? What site did you use (I'm assuming USPS)? Also, did you just use regular Forever stamps for the RSVP cards? 

I realize these may be really stupid questions, but it seems easier to just order them and have them in a few days than spend a few days trawling post offices to find enough wedding stamps for the invitations, which seems to happen to a lot of people. I'm sending out about 160 invitations, so I'm figuring that the odds of the two post offices around me having them all are pretty slim. 

Re: Ordering Stamps Online

• Options
    We took an invitation to the PO, had it weighed, and orderd stamps from usps.com.

We did the $.45 forever wedding stamps for the invites and postcard stamps for our rsvp.
    We also bought stamps for our shower thank yous, which I think are also forever stamps.

It was under $2 for shipping and they arrived very quickly!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_ordering-stamps-online?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f8618e49-0e60-454e-bd7c-ea06c037fbd6Post:7b0b81fa-4a7a-46dd-9813-8b47ac22f41b">Re: Ordering Stamps Online</a>:
    [QUOTE]We took an invitation to the PO, had it weighed, and orderd stamps from usps.com. We did the $.45 forever wedding stamps for the invites and postcard stamps for our rsvp. We also bought stamps for our shower thank yous, which I think are also forever stamps. It was under $2 for shipping and they arrived very quickly!
    Posted by amymaysa[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing.  Took one full assembled invite to the post office and had them weigh it.  And then bought the wedding forever stamp for the rsvp, and the $.65 wedding stamp for the invite. 
  • Options
    I'm sending about 150  invites. I brought a couple in to make sure they passed the weight / thickness thing. Our post office said they always keep the wedding stamps on hand, but that if I wanted anything they don't happen to run out of or don't have they can get it in a couple days. To me, if you have to go to the post office anyway, just see what they'll do for you seems just as easy as ordering online.

From reading these boards it seems that I am either incredibly lucky to have friendly and helpful people at our post office, or maybe the P.O. just gets a universally bad reputation?
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! Now my invitations just have to make it here through the hurricane so I can get them sent out. 
  • Options
    I went into the post office & had mine weighed also. Staff was very friendly, they just didn't have enough and I didn't want to have to go back. I was lucky & invites were $.45 each. Online they also had more stamp options available. I picked out one design for my wedding invites & reply cards & then also ordered a bunch of stamps right away for thank you's. I ordered a different stamp for those (not that anyone will care except me). I got them quick & the shipping was cheaper then what the gas & time would have cost me to go back to the post office.
  • Options
    I work at costco and we sell stamps that I bought for my invitations, 100 ct for $43.75 or something, it comes to cheaper than the post office. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards