Wedding Invitations & Paper

What info to include on STD?

What information did you include on your Save the Date? I'm doing a postcard but will mail it in an envelope, and just have names, date, church name and location, and website, plus "Formal Invitation to Follow" on the front. I have plenty of space on the back were I could fit all the hotel info or other stuff, but is that just unnecessary, since its all on the website? Curious what others have done.

Also, keep in mind probably 90% of people will be traveling at least a couple of hours and many aren't familiar with Cape Cod, where the wedding is. There is info like the nearist airport, train station, etc, on the website.

Thanks!

Re: What info to include on STD?

• I included all of the information you mentioned above on my STD, but a friend of ours added the list of accommodations and website on the back of their postcard.  I don't think it would be unnecessary to include the list of hotels you have blocked since most of your guests will be travelling.
  • DD included their names, the date, the location, and since 99% of the guests were OOT, she also included info on the room block and her web-site.
  • Thanks. I don't know why I was going back and forth so much. I put the hotel names and phone numbers and directed people to the website for additional information. That way anyone who hates the internet can make the phone calls, everyone else still knows where to go for extra info. You just gotta love Vista Print prices...
  • I'm only sending STDs to OOT guests. I don't have a website. I put the hotel block information and nearby airports on the back of the postcard. PIB under Paper, though it is hard to read.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards