Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP card / email???

I know it's not tradition but is it tacky to put an e-mail address on the RSVP card.  I was just thinking that in this technological age we might increase our response rate and the speed of response if we include an e-mail address.  It's also more "green".  And it would save on postage and envelopes.  I could still include a traditional RSVP card for the recipients that would not be comfortable with e-mail (like my grandma).

What does everyone think?

Re: RSVP card / email???

• Options
    If you do go the email route just make sure you're consistently checking your spam folder. I've had a lot of legitimate email get labeled as spam for whatever reason. 
  • Options
    MWhitson allowed email, phone, website, or snailmail, and I think she's had less than 10% of people use something other than snailmail. 

You can put the email address there.  But understand - it likely won't save you much money, and could easily create a big headache.  I'd stick to one method, if I were you, just to be able to keep track of responses more easily.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    It is really nice to have a paper trail of the RSVPs, too. Even though I keep everything in a spreadsheet, I get nervous that my computer will crash or I'll somehow delete it.

If you give people the option of email, you should still send RSVP cards. To everyone.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-card-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:fc524fac-f18f-4451-babc-bf80404af0efPost:c16d0de7-0a2f-4180-beb7-efdd1f30717e">Re: RSVP card / email???</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really nice to have a paper trail of the RSVPs, too. Even though I keep everything in a spreadsheet, I get nervous that my computer will crash or I'll somehow delete it. If you give people the option of email, you should still send RSVP cards. To everyone.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

This X a million.  And I'm a computer person.  But I want those cards in my hot little hands.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    We're doing our RSVPs through Wedding Wire.  We have a very small guest list, just WP and immediate family, so even if people don't use the website, it won't be too much of a pain tracking everyone down.  Invitations just went out yesterday, so we'll see.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards