November 2013 Weddings

Videographer, Photographer or Both??

Which option did you choose or are you looking at to capture your special day?

We are having both (Lord willing). The photographer will be shannonseye.net and the videographers will be http://3ringweddings.com/

Shannon seems to be a real sweetheart and willing to work within our budget and 3rings (while a bit out of our budget) are just awesome and we just had to have them!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer, Photographer or Both??

• I definitely want both. The only time I've ever heard someone say that it hadn't been worth it to have a videographer was when they did a crappy job.

Now, what I want and what I can afford will probably be two different things.
  • We are having both. Everyone regrets not have a video person. And I want to see things I wouldnt have otherwise seen. I have a meeting with a video person on sunday.
  • I'm leaning to photographer only, but may have someone do the ceremony if I can get a good rate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing both :) I actually am not super obsessed with photos? Like I want some good ones, maybe I'm just telling myself this so I don't get my hopes up but I am not as concerned about the photos... I don't know, hard to explain.

Hopefully we can get a cinematic-style (or whatever) video though, I have been looking at some and I swear I have cried SO much just looking at strangers' wedding vows, haha!! So I definitely want that. 

Again, IDK what is up with me not being able to get excited about photos!! I think I'm maybe just jaded, like 'Oh look here is an artsy photo of a bride holding her bouquet and you can't see her face...' 'Here is a close up of the rings on flowers/candies/pinecones/etc.'

I think honestly I'm afraid I won't be able to find a photog who clicks with me. That seems to be the most important part!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• pisha82pisha82 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_videographer-photographer-or-both?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:a0697a86-c0ae-45c0-851f-fa7939b08093Post:d778018c-caaa-4b28-8bf7-d388f69e5c7d">Re: Videographer, Photographer or Both??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing both :) I actually am not super obsessed with photos? Like I want some good ones, maybe I'm just telling myself this so I don't get my hopes up but I am not as concerned about the photos... I don't know, hard to explain. Hopefully we can get a cinematic-style (or whatever) video though, I have been looking at some and I swear I have cried SO much just looking at strangers' wedding vows, haha!! So I definitely want that.  Again, IDK what is up with me not being able to get excited about photos!! I think I'm maybe just jaded, like 'Oh look here is an artsy photo of a bride holding her bouquet and you can't see her face...' 'Here is a close up of the rings on flowers/candies/pinecones/etc.' I think honestly I'm afraid I won't be able to find a photog who clicks with me. That seems to be the most important part!
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

You be fine, just look at a lot of people. We were afraid of that too and we found someone. We worked to find someone, and not everyone is super artsy. And you can tell them what you want and they will work with you. You will know in the first meeting if they are the person for you.
  • sarahdactyl, look at the photographers directory at apracticalwedding.com There's some awesome ones there, and their prices are quite reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love apracticalwedding. I was hoping somebody would have bought me her book for Christmas.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, I had never heard of that site before! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• edited July 2012
    I plan on having both...the photographer's webpage is http://www.chapmanphotography.com ....he works with the videographer, but i hate to say I forgot their website...lol
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards