Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hey_Its_Jenn is ok

I texted Jen also and she responded. Her life is just a bit crazy right now and she'll be back on the board soon. She said thanks to everyone for their concern. Whew. We don't like it when we can't find one of our own!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hey_Its_Jenn is ok

• Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this were FB, I'd "Like" this very much :) So glad to hear she's ok. Thanks for updating us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Glad you are okay, Jenn!  :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to hear!! :)
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You beat me to it, Molly!

Thank you for posting this and thank you for everyone being concerned about me! I appreciate the FB messages and emails!  It really means a lot to me.

Some of the craziness that has happened:

Last week my mom was on vacation and my Grandfather - HER father - fired her via certified letter.  He said she can collect unemployment and everything but he can't have that much family working for him.  So obviously I take my mom's side and threaten to quit and he told me he how much he needed me and blah blah blah so he gave me this week off to 'think about things'.

I still have no idea if I'm going back on Monday.  My grandfather has done some pretty shitty things in his life but to fire my mother while she was on vacation.. and via a LETTER.  Not even bothering to pick up the phone and call her.  Absolutely ridiculous. 

So things have been incredibly crazy and awkward and just... weird.  But I'll be back to posting reguarly on Monday - scouts honor!

Thanks again ladies! :)

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear that everything is ok! Hopefully life will slow down a bit so she can come back soon!
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear nothing serious has happened.  But wow - that's insane!  Have you done any searching around to see if there are job openings that would work for you?

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jenn, so glad you are ok!  Yikes, what a messy, bad situation :(  I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  I know your work situation has been crazy for awhile, and I hope you figure out the best thing to do for yourself and your sanity.  Good luck!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, absolute insanity. 

Hugs to you and your mom! 

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your Grandpa seriously needs set straight somehow. I'm sorry that things are so weird. I don't know what I'd do, but my gut says to leave and get a different job.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    edited December 2011
    I've got a phone interview this afternoon and two interviews tomorrow.  Not really in my field but I'm thinking anything is better than my current place. 

I just don't understand.... who DOES that to their own daughter??

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_heyitsjenn-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:13b6015f-b0f9-416a-8a86-f2e3192a4582Post:0ac9a8bb-5052-4f2d-9394-778a914579be">Re: Hey_Its_Jenn is ok</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've got a phone interview this afternoon and two interviews tomorrow.  Not really in my field but I'm thinking anything is better than my current place.  I just don't understand.... who DOES that to their own daughter??
    Posted by hey_its_jenn[/QUOTE]
    That's great!!  Good luck!

I don't know. I personally don't think I could work for someone who would do that.  I mean - if they fire their own daughter that way, what would he do to someone else?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn that is crazy! But glad to know you are ok :)

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GL with the interviews!! 

Search & Win
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A little late today.  I was just about to post to the good morning thread.  So glad you're ok Jenn, even though your grandfather is at it again!  I'm still all for the "murder room" at Sara's!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you are ok.  That sucks what your Grandpa did to your mom:-(  That's just wrong.
    GL on your interviews, I'm sure you'll do great!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GL with the interviews! And your g-father is crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Late to getting back to this...please ignore my previous post, since we posted at the same time. Good luck with your interviews!! I agree with M- I say get outta there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  Who does that to anybody, let alone their own flesh and blood?

Hugs and Vibes that things get better, and that the interviews go well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're okay Jenn!  Good luck at your interviews, I hope something good happens and you can send your own letter to your grandfather.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh wow- I'm so late on things.  I'm so glad you're ok Jenn!  I was seriously worried!  lol- ignore my very late text. and that is def sh!tty of your grandad...does he at least admit hes being an @ss?
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Crazy Gramps strikes again!

I'm so sorry, Jenn, that you've had to go through all this. Best of luck on the interviews, and ideally you'll be able to get another job stat, so you can, like C said, send him his own letter!

Let me know if you need anything! :-)  I was worried about you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on the interviews, Empress!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I am very late to this. But good luck on the interviews. Anything is better than that cause who knows if your next.

Hugs to you and you mom. 

Hope to see you back soon.
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards