Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Leaving the Ceremony: A Dilemma

We are doing the ceremony and reception in the same building but they will be in different reception halls in the same hotel.

I don't know whether to stick with the traditional "showering" the exiting bride and groom with things (ribbon, bell chimes, petals, etc) or to do something else b/c I'm afraid it will look silly for us to leave the room of the ceremony to go down the entryway and into the reception room.

Any suggestions how to make a grand entrance without having the entire thing look like a row of ducks or a mass exodus...
"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot

Re: Leaving the Ceremony: A Dilemma

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas.  Our venue is good to go with confetti or whatnot as long as it doesn't stain.

Personally, I'm kind of ok forgoing it, but my mom is traditional and wants me to be showered in stuff apparantly... and don't get me started about her reaction when I said I'd rather do personal 1 on 1 thank yous to everyone during dinner/ cocktail hour rather than a receiving line. 

I'm kind of digging the right after we're pronounced husband and wife, that seems like the most opportune time to have soemthign fun go on. 
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards