Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

average price for hair and makeup

so i know I still have time, but I am trying to get prices for hair and makeup so I can give my BMs plenty of notice. Everyone I have called has pretty much been in the $60-95 for hair and $45-70 for makeup. Is this the norm? I found one place that offered to close down the entire salon for our party only and offer breakfast pastries and fruit with mimosas, coffee and tea with hair updo and makeup and tax and tip for $162 eash bridesmaids. Does this seem like a good deal? 

Re: average price for hair and makeup

• This seems pretty reasonable... I work at a salon and we usually charge anywhere between 55-75 for hair and 35 for makeup. We usually do $10 less for your trial. We supply food and no extra charge, we usually only have you guys bring the wine if thats what. you would like. I seen your post on another board, and I disagree with some ppl about you paying for all your BM's. I personally may pay for half of mine, but all my BM's no that they will have there hair done. Its usually common sense to have your hair done if your standing up in a wedding, I would never do my hair myself or not want to get it done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_average-price-for-hair-and-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:d5dc02e2-5d95-4c5e-8696-b211b367ae10Post:04641762-f9f3-436d-bba1-007fde5bde1d">average price for hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]so i know I still have time, but I am trying to get prices for hair and makeup so I can give my BMs plenty of notice. Everyone I have called has pretty much been in the $60-95 for hair and $45-70 for makeup. Is this the norm? I found one place that offered to close down the entire salon for our party only and offer breakfast pastries and fruit with mimosas, coffee and tea with hair updo and makeup and tax and tip for $162 eash bridesmaids. Does this seem like a good deal? 
    Posted by NurseCassie88[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hi! I am a free lance hairstylist who works strictly with just wedding parties. I travel to the venue, home, or hotel. I also due a package of Hair and makeup for $90 a person. Email me if you are intrested in seeing some of my work alyssabelville@yahoo.com</div>
  • Hi! I am a free lance hairstylist who works strictly with just wedding parties. I travel to the venue, home, or hotel. I also due a package of Hair and makeup for $90 a person. Email me if you are intrested in seeing some of my work alyssabelville@yahoo.com
  • axbelville, you are not allowed to advertise as a vendor on the boards, it was in the TOS you agreed to.  Reported.
  • semi891semi891 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I work at a salon and they charge $65 for an updo, but I've seen anywhere from $50-$80.  It depends if you are going to the salon or having them come to you (which usually will cost more with set-up fees, travel, etc).   I've also seen salons that charge more for the bride because they will spend more time on her, with the bridesmaids being less.  I would say your quotes are reasonable prices.  It is also worthwhile for you as the bride to have a trial done to make sure you get the look you want. 

Same with the prices for makeup, those seem about average.  Usually it costs more if you want lashes as well.  I would ask to be sure if there is any extra cost for lashes, if that is something you want.  It's usually about $10 more per person.
  • I think my salon is in that $40-50 range for an updo or makeup. I'm paying $140 for the bridal bundle - hair and airbrushed makeup trial and the day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards