Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Morning!

Morning ladies! 
  I'm working 12-8 today for conference day so I have some time this morning to write.  Last night I did a weight/kickboxing class and my thighs are killing me!  I'm in the process of making apple cinnamon muffins this morning-they smell so good!  I am totally looking foward to football this weekend-DH is a huge ravens fan and the game is actually on TV here!  We are having a small party to watch the game.
  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Morning!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning. It is so rainy here! I have a meeting at 10:30, so I am hanging out at the house today. 

So, yesterday was a pretty sweet day. A coalition education organization that I am the treasurer for had their annual conference and gala yesterday. In the morning it was mostly congressional folks speaking about education. Then the evening was pretty awesome! Since I'm the Treasurer, I got to sit at the head table for dinner and the program. It was pretty surreal. The folks at my table included the other officers (president, vice president) and our executive director, then Chairman of Appropriations Committee, Rep. Obey, Senator Harkin (chairman of approps and education committee), Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, and... Richard Dreyfuss! Who is an education advocate.

It was so awesome! I introduced Richard Dreyfuss and as he was going onto the stage he hugged me and then asked if he had any broccoli in his teeth. It was so cool. Such a fun and interesting evening. I had to share!

H- I hope your conference goes fast! Mmmm... apple cinnamon muffins!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    It's SUCH a crappy day here today! We're going to be getting bad rain all day and traffic was an absolute mess this AM! Last night FI and I just hung out around the apt - it was nice to have our first 'relaxing' night since the move. After dinner, we rant to Target down the street to get some Starbucks and bought a floor lamp for our bedroom (b/c there is NO ceiling lighting! ugh!) It looks nice! Tonight I have class which I'm not looking forward to, but hey, at least it's Thursday! Hope everyone has a good day!

H - YUM - apple cinnamon muffins... mmmmm
    J - Your even sounds like it was SO much fun! So glad you were able to be part of the experience!
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!  Last night I just watched even more trueblood with friends.  We are going to watch 2/night whenever we are all free until we are done!  I think we have 10 left or so.  This show is really addicting!  I'm going into work late because I need to clean and do laundry - one of my bridesmaids comes in this weekend to visit Boston for the first time and so I need the place to be presentable!

H- Apple cinnamon muffins sound great!  I envy your baking skills.
    jl- Your day sounds like it was amazing!  I hope someone got pictures of you and Richard Dreyfuss together.
    gmc- a night of relaxation sounds perfect, especially after your move!  hope its the first of many
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just popping in to say hello! I have another busy day, I am heading off to Pitt for their fall job fair for work. Hope everyone is doing well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Last night was pretty productive for me. FI was working late again, so I took care of some things around the house - mowed the lawn, cleaned bathrooms, etc. I also watched modern fam and read a little more in my book.

Heather - yum yum muffins!

Jamie - that conference sounded awesome! There's been soo much discussion around education lately - at least on the nightly news it seems. Thats so cool that you were sitting with such big time people - including Richard Dreyfuss!

G - glad you and FI were able to have a relaxing night last night! Glad you are getting settled in the new place! Is the puppy getting more adjusted?

md - goodluck with the cleaning! i miss having tv show marathons with my friends.. been soo long since I've done that!

• edited December 2011

Good Afternoon! It's so miserable here- I totally didn't realize that there was a tropical storm until I saw it mentioned in the weather section of the newspaper today. Embarassed I swear I follow the news, but sometimes it seems like I'm living on another planet. We were supposed to meet with our fellow church friends for our marriage tune-up group last night, but it got canceled since one wasn't feeling well. I was happy to have a night at home, lounging in my sweats.

H- I'm so psyched to see the game this weekend!

Jamie- Sounds like you had an awesome night! I hope you got some pics!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards