May 2012 Weddings

What was your favorite....

gift that you received at your wedding? (besides cash!)

Did anyone get you anything either on or off your registry that you are really excited about?

H and I received an 8x10 framed photo of the sunrise on the day of our wedding, its beautiful! H's best man and his wife gave it to us, and although its not something I would have ever thought of, its probably on the top of the fav gifts that we received.
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: What was your favorite....

• It was a bridal shower gift and a close family friend gave me a set of pillow cases that my grandmother, who passed away like 14 years ago, hand embroidered as a bridal shower gift for her. I cried like a baby.
  • We got the ninja food processor which I love love love
  • we got a really cool family tree frame set that i can't wait to fill with pictures!! H probably got tired of me talking about how bad i wanted it! it's so awesome!! my uncle and his wife got it for us, and it's my fav!! and the free massages that one of our friends gave us a gift card for are a close second :) we're both in desperate need of them!! and, it'll be fun to relax together :)
  • That's a really cool gift OP!

We got very few non-monetary gifts, but of those, I'm really enjoying our new napkin holder lol. It looks cool and holds them perfectly! I did just remember that we still have an unopened gift in the car, so maybe it'll beat out the napkin holder.
  • I think mine was the pizza cooker that I really wanted and my husband's was definitly this 2 in 1 coffee pot thing that he loves!
  • We got a beach bag that had our honeymoon location on it and was personalized for us. Also we got this bridal picture frame set that waso n our registry that I really wanted so we could put our invitation and all kinds of stuff in.
  • spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    My aunt had a serving platter hand painted for us that has our wedding invitation on it. It's hard to explain what it looks like but it was totally unexpected and I absolutely love it! I'll have to take a picture of it tonight and post it on here after work.
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • This was my favorite gift!
    My stepmom and dad made it. And took each picture. And each pic is from a specific place in my life
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • My husband's cousin is an amazing artist.  She surprised us with my favorite painting of hers!  This is a pic of it:

• Crazy as this might sound, mine was getting The Hunger Games!  A coworker heard me talking before the wedding that I wanted to see the movie but not until I had read the books.  But because of the wedding, I was waiting to even buy the books because I knew if I started them and liked them, I wouldn't get all the last minute stuff done for the wedding because I would just read all day, every day!  So, he and his wife got us the book and signed the inside of it for us.  It was awesome!! :)
  • My MOH got us a firepit! She knew that I wanted one and I am so excited to use it with our friends this summer!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our favorite sentimental gift was my Grandmother's silver set. It includes pieces of silver she received for her wedding to my Grandpa and other items that have been passed down through the family and have survived both World Wars.

Our favorite non-sentimental gift was a set of coffee mugs and mug tree from Crate & Barrel. It's probably the only gift we'll use every day!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Both my favorite gifts were off-registry:
    -My aunt got us a BEAUTIFUL Waterford crystal vase.
    -My uncle got us a grill!! Can't wait to use it this summer!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards