Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Venue Help for a BM (bride to be)

One of my BM got engaged over Easter, they are looking to have their wedding in June 2011.  She loves the idea of Armstrong Farms (outdoor barn, option for both areas etc).

She doesn't really have a location in mind, she has been looking everywhere pretty much. I also believe she has an unlimited budget (as she has booked a photographer for 7K).   I suggested the Mayerik Center and Hartwood Acres.  Any other suggestions?

TIA
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Venue Help for a BM (bride to be)

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she's not worried about a budget - what about Springwood?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how far they are willing to go, but Falling Water does weddings/receptions and is a very unique setting!
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she is willing to travel a little outside of Pittsburgh, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort offers a bunch of indoor and outdoor wedding options as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Lingrow Farm is very pretty! www.lingrowfarm.com/

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    7k for photog?  Wow.  Hope that includes like gold embossed photos.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Is she looking for an outdoor venue or something with an outdoor feel?  What about Phipps?  If she's looking posh and unique (or what I imagine to be anyway), how about the Carnegie Museum (or maybe it's the music hall)?   I think both of your suggestions and all the others are great, too.  We went to Falling Water last October, and it is truly beautiful there.  How exciting to be planning your wedding at the same time as a good friend!

• Options
    jsuppojsuppo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Nemacolin next August its so beatuiful there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards