Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

This could be "the" dress - how long from order to arrival?

Hi ladies!  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.  I went dress shopping at MB Bride on Saturday.  What a madhouse!!!  Even though it was crazy there, my consultant Jamie was fabulous.  She pulled a dress that I would never have pulled myself.  I loved it!!!  This was the only dress so far that made me feel beautiful and like a bride.  I still have a few more dresses I want to try on, but all dresses will now be compared to this one. 
It is Justin Alexander 8486.  (I inserted the link there).
How long did it take your dress to come in?  Any other JA ladies out there?  I am just curious....don't want to push it to close to a deadline, but trying to get as small as possible before ordering (I know...same old song and dance...I want to lose, blah, blah, blah...lol)
Thanks,
Janice

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This could be "the" dress - how long from order to arrival?

• edited December 2011
    Love this dress!!!!!!!!  Sorry I can't help with any info about JA though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    your dress is going to be altered during your fittings anyways, and the cost for alterations are typically a blanket fee, not based on how much has to be taken in. i tend to be in the camp of thought that you should purchase the dress to fit you NOW, rather than the size you hope to be.

dresses can take anywhere from 2-8 months to come in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a JA dress from MB Bride.  I purchased the alterations package with mine, and ended up actually getting about $80 back because my dress didn't require alterations (but it's tea length, so no bustle or hem to really worry about).  

I believe I ordered it August 3 (or somewhere around there), and it came in about mid-January.  So not quite 6 months.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress!

No input on timing for a JA dress here. Just as an FYI, my veil just came in and I ordered in mid-October. My dress came in about a month after I ordered, no clue why the veil took so much longer. Just don't put that piece of too long.

And I agree, order the dress that fits you now. I heard that to drop a dress size to make a real difference, the weight loss needs to be pretty significant.

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No advice, just wanted to say that I love the dress!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No advice here either but LOVE the dress - it's stunning!
  • Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!  I went shopping again today and realized that the JA dress is "THE" dress...nothing else compared.  I am going back on Saturday to get my measurements and see where I fall on the sizing charts.  There is a JA trunk show at MB Bride over Valentine's Day weekend.  I am going to purchase my dress then.  They said I can probably wait until the end of February to order. 
    So, healthy eating and working out just got amped up a notch.  Looks like I will start my half marathon training sooner rather than later...lol. 
    Thanks for all of your input.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards