May 2012 Weddings

Ceiling Decor?

Is anyone planning on decorating the ceiling at their reception with anything? My venue comes with tulle and lights, but for $500! So I'm debating on doing something else for cheaper, but I have to pay the decorators for labor, or just skipping it. What are your girls' ideas?

Re: Ceiling Decor?

• Nahh, I probably won't. It seems like a lot of work and very expensive being $500.
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Are you allowed to hang things from the ceiling? What about paper lanterns over the dance floor? If you Google "hanging paper lanterns" and look under images, you'll see what I mean!

ETA: I also wouldn't go for the tulle/lights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The dancefloor would be a good idea, but my DOC emailed me now with a quote, saying that it is $20/hr for each person putting up the paper lanterns. So, I might just skip it!
  • Yeah, not worth it. 
  • Thats what I'm thinking. Ive met with them a couple times andthey always have the tulle and lights up, so they might just not even take it down for my wedding, hopefully! We decided that we are going to get chair covers, instead of decorating the ceiling.
  • I think that's a good decision. Your guests are more likely to notice that instead of the ceiling decorations! Plus, you'll be able to see them in pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards