Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

FSIL update

So I said I would keep you guys posted and I used some of the suggestions from yesterday to send her an email today.  That's how we seem to correspond best since we have very different schedules.  But here is the dress part of my email:

I spoke with MB Bride and they are getting the ivory fabric to make the bodices for the girls dresses.  Also, are you okay with your dress? Your mom mentioned something about you altering or adding something to the top to feel more comfortable.  I just want to make sure everything is ok, so let me know!

And she responded the following:

Thanks for letting me know about the dresses.  My dress is fine.

So I guess I just have to let it go at that but it really bothers me that she told her cousin and mom that she wanted to alter it in someway but can't talk to me about it.  I don't care if she wants to get/make a shawl or jacket.  That's fine, its more the almost going behind my back part.  I would even help her find one/get one if she would just be honest with me.  But oh well there's only so much you can do!

Re: FSIL update

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh, it's strange she didn't say anything about it when asked, but I guess there's nothing else to do at this point.  I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, she's got issues obviously. I guess at this point you can just hope for the best!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a good relationship with your FMIL? Maybe you could ask her what the problem is if you are still worried... other than that, I'd just let it go. As some of the girls said the other day - they are all wearing different dresses anyway. Still -- sorry you have to deal with this :(
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I guess its not so much the dress that bothers me its more that I try to be nice and friendly and to please her but it doesn't ever seem to be enough or right.  Oh well, you can't make everyone love you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards