May 2012 Weddings

Videographer

Random Question.  

How many of you are getting a videographer?

I never even thought to have one until a friend of mine did.  She had a videographer for her ceremony and reception. I can see it for the ceremony but are any of you ladies having one for the whole night?
Photobucket

Re: Videographer

• We're getting video in Antigua so that when we have a our reception when we come home, family/friends can view it. Only having photography done at the reception. Many photographers and even DJs can offer packages
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we are planning on the ceremony and maybe a little bit of the cocktail hour so people can leave us a video message if they want to. we weren't originally planning to have a videographer, but a coworker of mine says she watches her wedding video every now and then with her son. I think that's adorable! luckily we found someone very reasonably priced and will be meeting with them soon! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We aren't having one at all.  I figure someone I know can record the ceremony on my dad's recorder.  I would rather have pictures than a movie of it.  I have been to a wedding where there was a videographer the whole day and I found him really annoying during the reception.  He pulled out everyone and made them say something about the bride and groom on the spot.  It was awkward because he put everyone on the spot.  But if you want one go for it.  I splurged on the photog so the videographer is not necessary for me.
    May 2012 Siggy ~ Favorite E-pic image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:25057989-3cf9-48c3-84b1-5b7bdb14c6d9Post:2948f793-8e9a-4470-9d82-2a4d62052538">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We aren't having one at all.  I figure someone I know can record the ceremony on my dad's recorder.</strong>  I would rather have pictures than a movie of it.  I have been to a wedding where there was a videographer the whole day and I found him really annoying during the reception.  He pulled out everyone and made them say something about the bride and groom on the spot.  It was awkward because he put everyone on the spot.  But if you want one go for it.  <strong>I splurged on the photog so the videographer is not necessary for me.</strong>
    Posted by arauchte[/QUOTE]

This.

Our budget isn't very big, so there is no room for something like this.  We are paying our photographer almost $2K (totally worth it), and I think that's plenty for us.  I'm not interested in having a professional do it, but we are planning on buying a small point-and-shoot camcorder for a friend to tape the ceremony and important parts of the reception: toasts, first dance, father/ daughter dance, cake cutting, etc.  I plan on giving him a list of "must-haves" with a timeline the day before so he knows what to expect (and when).
  • I'm not "hiring" a videographer, my MOH's dad is always on his video camera, so I asked him if he would videotape the ceremony and parts of the reception. I will give him a giftcard to show my appreciation.
  • We are having one..but she only does the important parts. She will record the whole ceremony and then the important parts of the reception. Like cake cutting, garter dance, first dance. She then will edit it into like a 10 min movie with music. So not long and boring. She only charges a couple hundred.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • I would like to have a videographer. All depends on if I can find one that is reasonably priced. I haven't looked into this too much yet how much does one go for?
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • To me the videographer is just as important as the photographer. My mom passed away when I was 17 and I always watch old home videos, so I'm probably sure I'll end up watching the wedding video a lot more than I will break out the photo album.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:25057989-3cf9-48c3-84b1-5b7bdb14c6d9Post:b0521093-1708-427c-8444-43524da9e5e2">Re: Videographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not "hiring" a videographer, my MOH's dad is always on his video camera, so I asked him if he would videotape the ceremony and parts of the reception. I will give him a giftcard to show my appreciation.
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

We are going to do something similar. We have a pretty decent video camera. Obviously, I can't really record my own wedding, lol. I think we're going to give the camera to my cousin and ask him to record the ceremony and important parts of the reception. We'll pay him something for it.

We are also paying almost $4K for our photographer and decided to sacrifice the videographer to be able to do so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted "no" we aren't having one...it really wasn't in our budget. Instead we splurged a bit more on the photog. I think if we really want the ceremony videotaped we'll ask an uncle or somthing to do it (we'll be miced so volume shouldn't be a problem)...however we are debating even doing this.
    Anniversary
  • I'm glad to see so many people aren't.  I wasn't sure if it was really necessary or not.  I will probably hire one if it ends up being available in my budget, but if not I won't feel bad about it.
    Photobucket
  • I'd like to get one.  It's finding one that is reasonably priced that is going to be the tough part.
    I would *love* to use someone that does more documentary/cinematography type films (i.e. I Do Films, Orange Films here in Chicago) but they are totally out of our price range. 
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We hired a videographer. FI's mother remarried a few years ago and she regrets not hiring one. A friend of theirs had a camera that day and recorded some of the wedding, but it was super shaky and he recorded mostly his 2 year old daughter. While we were watching their video we both agreed we were going to hire a professional. I love pictures, but it just doesn't beat watching videos. To hear the each others voice while we are saying our vows. :) Our videographer has a blog and I love watching his videos of other bride's weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards