Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

INSANE weather

This weather is insane!  I made it to Pittsburgh and saw my dad twice.  We were supposed to spring him today-but the roads are too bad so he can't come home:-(  Our power is out at my parents sicne 11:30 lat night and the power company is saying it'll be 1-2 days before it's back on.  So, mom and I walked an hour to my brother's house to get warm because it's freezing at my parents.  FI says we have 30 inches in Maryland and they've stopped plowing, so I don't know when I'll get back home.  Is everyone else stuck in the house?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: INSANE weather

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yup!  We're used to this where we grew up, but we are the only ones on our street that have shoveled out yet, but we do have power, etc
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At least we have power!  We haven't moved yet to start shoveling out, but our street (and the giant hill we live on) haven't been plowed either, so it's not like we could go anywhere even if we wanted to.  In my house with a bottle of wine and lots of homework... plus there seems to be a "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon on TLC.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, the only time I ventured out was walk around our apt. complex taking pics and checking out the aftermath- lots of fallen tree limbs. Our power went off for a few min. last night, but thankfully came back on. We got maybe 2 ft? I am already hoping for a fed cancellation on Monday! All of the monuments, museums, and even the USPS were closed today, and metro is running under ground only.

Heather- hope you get power back soon, and can make it home safely asap. Be safe!

Ash- I too was watching some of Say Yes to the Dress, appropriately while working on my wedding scrapbook. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY for working on your wedding scrapbook Kim!  Perfect weekend for it.  I'm hoping we are off Monday as well-I'm thinking all of MD will be.  Still no power at my parents, so we're stayign overnight at my brothers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only got 13" of snow.

What a weird storm.

I hope your parents get power soon, Heather.  Do you think you'll be able to get your Dad home tomorrow?

I'm glad you got some scrapbooking done, Kim.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow ladies, glad you all are staying safe in the snow!  The storm didn't pass through Chicago at all, but my mom said she got 23" in Wexford- yikes!

Heather, I'm so glad you were able to see your dad.  Any word on when he'll be able to come home?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards