Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Ceremony programs

What does everyone think about programs for the ceremony?  Is this something that you should have or is it a waste of money and time?  We aren't sure how to do them or even if we have to do them.  What do you guys think?  If you think we should do them...  what is a cute idea for them?

Re: Ceremony programs

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings where they had them, I think they are cute but not necessary. It does tell the attendants who everyone is that is in your bridal party, which I think is nice. I would encourage you to go through Vista Print.. you can get them pretty cheap!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your help!  I would really like to do them but I can't figure out a cute way to do it.  I will look into Vista Print for sure!  Thanks again!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of my big projects right now!  We are doing programs- since we are having a Catholic ceremony (though not the full mass) and my side of the family isn't Catholic, it's important to us to have a clear explanation of what's happening at every point of the ceremony.  Programs are also a nice way to recognize members of the wedding party, or to remember loved ones who have passed away.

I'm planning to DIY something like this- I love the accordion fold style!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/27645861/accordion-style-wedding-programs-any

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i did them, since it was a non-denom ceremony and i wanted to make sure people knew what was going on. plus i thought it would be cute! but i didn't want it to be a huge project either. i found a template for square programs, put everything in, designed the front and that was it. i printed them from home (actually...DH did....i had to work all wknd and a BM was helping me out by cutting them down so they needed to be printed for her to pick up) and was going to hole punch them to string ribbon through the crease, but ended up just nixing that part. they were simple and did their job, and they didn't cost much.

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing them as well... I was thinking of doing a booklet style program. I think it's a nice way to recognize the bridal party and to relay special messages. I am also having a catholic ceremony so I think it would be nice to let the non-catholics in attendance (we should have quite a few) what is going on... Definitely check out Etsy - there are some cute ideas on the site that you can use as design inspiration!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Every wedding I've been to has had them, so I think they're pretty common but not necessary. I bought mine from Pat Catan's, and just printed them at home. It was important for me to do them b/c I had a special tradition we did that I wanted to explain. We also had the standard order of the ceremony along with song titles, list of bridal party, parents, grandparents, etc. We also had a remembrance section for our family members who had passed away, a thank-you from us, and directions to the reception printed on the back in case anyone needed them. HTH some!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They are good for people to look at and follow along but they are not a nessessity!  I made mine, templates and all.  They are layered programs-took a lot of work but I really love them!  PIB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We printed ours ourselves, DH designed the template and we made a simple one-page program that just folded in half so you had front cover, 2 inside pages, and back cover. We bought nice paper at the store but it wasn't expensive. Quick, easy & cheap but they still looked nice.

Vacation

• Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm planning on doing exacly what kbielak17 did - print them off, fold them in half. I decided to do them for the purpose of religous translation, because we'll have guests from a variety of backgrounds and I don't want anyone to feel lost.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My SIL is doing mine. We are keeping it pretty simple. She did a more elaborate one for her sister's April wedding because they wanted to really spell it out for the non-Catholics. I think it's nice because people can see who's who in the wedding party and family and if you have people doing readings, they can see who is doing those.  I'm not going to spend a fortune having them printed, like not super fancy paper or anything. 
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own and it's one of my last big projects. I'm actually doing a 5 petal fan with a kit I bought from custom-programs.com and I'm really excited about them. Since there's no AC in the church we figured the fans would help keep our guests cool and also explain all the Orthodox traditions most of the guests aren't going to understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards