May 2012 Weddings
Options

Invite Encolures

So I need people's opinions on this because I'm kind of freaking out about this.  I'm trying to get all of my invite envelopes addressed to send them out, but I am just thinking about all of the other info that is included with the invite.  We are including a response card as well as a rehearsal dinner invite since FI's parents wanted to invite everyone from out of town and family.  I don't really want to include two more cards about the reception and our registry so I just figured that i would include another card that simply said something like "Please visit our website (list website) for reception, accomodations and registry information".  What do you guys think??
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image174 Invited! image 95 Accept image 60 Decline
image 19 Yet to Respond RSVP Date: May 1, 2012

Re: Invite Encolures

• Options
    Eh, some of the older folks might not be tech saavy enough to do that.  Can you just print the cards double sided to reduce the number of inserts?  Another option is to mail/hand deliver the RD invites seperately.  No matter what, you shouldn't put registry info anywhere on the invites...just state something like "For more information, visit our wedding website: www.ourwedding.com"
  • Options
    Agree with comment about the registry, it shouldn't be specifically included in the inviation. For my invites I included the inviation with reception information and then directed people to our websiet for hotel and other details. That seems to be working out fine. If people have quesitons they have called my parents or inlaws if they're not tech savvy and it hasn't been an issue so far.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok I definitely won't include registry info - I wasn't sure what was acceptable.  I could print them double sided like you said.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you sort of need a reception card. And ditto everyone else, registry info doesn't go in your wedding invites.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok so I am definitely going to make a reception card and then include a statement to go to our website for more details since we really do not have a lot of older people attending our wedding (all of my grandparents are gone and his grandma might not come and would most likely ask his dad/mom or us) so most people are techsavvy :).

Thanks for the input guys because I was slightly panicking!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For ours I just stated on the invitations to visit our website for more information. All of our invitees are tech savvy, so that was the determining factor. Plus, since I did them completely from the home PC and printer I didn't want to spend a fortune on paper and ink. 
  • Options
    I wish that I could put that on our invites, but they are already printed and ready to go, but I'll be printing this last thing out by myself so I won't be spending a whole lot on the printing :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invite-encolures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2eebd267-4b1b-4bee-8e64-933bab7c0df2Post:2a85ef84-22b7-4f9a-85ab-a9969534ff05">Re: Invite Encolures</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you sort of need a reception card. And ditto everyone else, registry info doesn't go in your wedding invites.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invite-encolures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2eebd267-4b1b-4bee-8e64-933bab7c0df2Post:253bd343-dc38-4a2a-90b2-33739c489d2e">Re: Invite Encolures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, some of the older folks might not be tech saavy enough to do that.  Can you just print the cards double sided to reduce the number of inserts?  Another option is to mail/hand deliver the RD invites seperately.  No matter what, you shouldn't put registry info anywhere on the invites...just state something like "For more information, visit our wedding website: <a href="http://www.ourwedding.com"" rel="nofollow">www.ourwedding.com"</a>
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this 100%. For our invites, we put reception information on one side of a card, & accommodation information on the other side. We put nothing about our registry anywhere. We are going to send out RD invitations separately, maybe you could do the same?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards