May 2012 Weddings

Favor idea...thoughts?

What do you think of marshmallow pops as a favor?  They are basically chocolate covered marshmallows dipped in sprinkles on a stick.  Is one per person enough?  Maybe two?  They seem simple enough to make, and I don't think they would take a lot of time.

Re: Favor idea...thoughts?

• I'd definitely take that home with me!

I'd be happy with one but would gladly take two ;)
  • I really like that idea!!! 
  • I agree with PP one would be great but 2 would be better. I really like the idea!
  • Just one word for you.... YUMMO!!!!
  • It seems like two per guest is the popular vote! ;)  I think I'll do one regular chocolate with rainbow sprinkles (I normally call them Jimmies, but I know some people wouldn't know what I was talking about), and one white chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. :)
  • I think that would be  a good favor...I would probably go with 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think that'd be awesome! And they're SUPER easy! We had thought about doing them as a favor originally so I played around with making (and eating) them. We were going to dip them in crushed graham cracker pieces so they'd be like s'mores. I even tried making them ahead and freezing them - they still tasted yummy!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would go with 2 as well. And I think it's a great idea for a favor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Will the marshmallows get stale?

They sound awesome if you can make sure they aren't stale! I would do two and tie them together with a little ribbon :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_favor-ideathoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:37249d21-a059-4f5c-b0f4-5194c9d87a8bPost:789880c6-dc5e-4804-a39c-f00beb3ba0cd">Re: Favor idea...thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will the marshmallows get stale? They sound awesome if you can make sure they aren't stale! I would do two and tie them together with a little ribbon :)
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

I won't be making them until a few days before the wedding.  I plan on wrapping them in small cellophane bags with ribbon, and then storing them in the fridge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_favor-ideathoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:37249d21-a059-4f5c-b0f4-5194c9d87a8bPost:925d593d-d6a2-4489-8060-e94b3d8c4844">Re: Favor idea...thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favor idea...thoughts? : I won't be making them until a few days before the wedding.  I plan on wrapping them in small cellophane bags with ribbon, and then storing them in the fridge.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw your post in the thread above right about making them the week of the wedding right after I replied.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think they'll be awesome and I would totally love getting that as a favor.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_favor-ideathoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:37249d21-a059-4f5c-b0f4-5194c9d87a8bPost:511b1b2b-4259-41ac-8125-04f41f4eb23c">Re: Favor idea...thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It seems like two per guest is the popular vote! ;)  I think I'll do one regular chocolate with rainbow sprinkles <strong>(I normally call them Jimmies, but I know some people wouldn't know what I was talking about</strong>), and one white chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. :)
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

hahah I do too! I may have been the only person who knew what you were talking about!

I think 2 pp and I think your idea sounds great! I'd love that as a favor
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • I've done these before for christmas treats, while easy, they are messy and do take a lot of time (especially if you have to make a lot!) we did did them in dark chocolate first though, and then we drizzled with while and milk chocolate, so that probably accounted for a large portion of time. To save yourself time and sticks, I would say double up the marshmellows two to a stick. Thats what we did and it worked well :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the input!  My BMs and family will be coming into town a few days early, so I think that with their help (and my future in-laws), we should be able to get them done in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Personally, I hate marshmallows, so I would be pretty bummed to bite into something covered with delicious chocolate, only to find that it contained a marshmallow. But, that's just me ...
  • Sounds yummy to me! I'd go with 2 also :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Yum!  I love that you are making them, what a personal touch!
  • Sounds delicious!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards