Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Show Me Your...

Card Boxes! I need one and am thinking of DIY, but I have not been inspired by anything I've seen so far!

TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Show Me Your...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL is making a birdcage one... similar to this:
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jamie - I LOVE THAT IMAGE!! I wanted a birdcage as well, similar to these --

Or perhaps these exact ones! lol - I like the set of two and I would probably have ivy and a few flowers around the 'base' :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very simple, and also very (very) inexpensive!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

This is the best pic I have of mine... it was provided by the hall, so all I did was pick out which I wanted amongst their boxes.

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have one yet, but I really like the photo card box from the  Road to the Aisle blog (below):
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a pretty photo box at Michael's and am going to use that for cards.  I didn't want to spend a lot of time or money on it, and this way I can reuse it later.  I'll probably prop up the lid inside the box and add some ribbon to it or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

one of my BM's made it for my bridal shower and i loved it so much she offered to put another "layer" on so that i could use it for the wedding, which i did. at least, i think she put on another layer to it..i don't have a pic from the wedding handy.

i really wanted to do the photo cardbox, but just ran out of time to do it. then i was going to purchase the cute damask card box from michael's, until i changed my mind at the shower.

ETA: i lied, i do have a pic from the wedding. pretty much the same though:

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jrsy - LOVE the card box! Your BM must really know what she's doing! She did a fantastic job :)
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_show-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:20a09e91-0761-49fe-91dd-c8440ae4b37bPost:6e1ad5c1-4723-403c-af47-977b15009bc1">Re: Show Me Your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have one yet, but I really like the photo card box from the  Road to the Aisle blog (below):
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

I'm also making one similar to the Road to the Aisle blog....
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! I might look into the photo card holders, I like those!

Jrsy- Your BM did a great job, so pretty!

Jamie- Can't wait to see how yours turns out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards