May 2012 Weddings

Maid/Matron of honor (order)

For those of you who have both a maid of honor and a matron of honor: What order are you having them stand in during the ceremony? Which will be closest to you? I can't decide.

My matron of honor is a bit more "on the ball," plus she's (obviously) gone through the wedding thing already. However, my maid of honor would be more hurt if she's NOT the one standing closest to me. I just don't know ...

Re: Maid/Matron of honor (order)

• My sisters are my MOHs, & I'm having the older one stand first. That way there is no drama over who I "picked" to stand next to me, no favoritism, etc. I figured that was the easiest way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont know- I have the exact same problem. It came up when I was at dinner with the two of them and someone suggested a coin toss. Lol. (I didn't, fyi).
    I am probably going to be picking the girl Ive known longer- its easier too explain to the other one- "Sorry, I have known her longer"

HTH!
  • edited March 2012
    I have 2 Matrons of Honor. I choose my sister to stand next to me.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • I think going by who you have known the longest is good. Or if one is family.
  • I'm having my maid of honor stand closest. Just because we are closer since we are the same age. My matron of honor will be right behind her. They are my cousins.
    Anniversary image
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies!

I've known my maid of honor since 7th grade and my matron of honor since freshman year of college (we were roommates our senior year). Perhaps that's a way to justify having my maid of honor closest ...
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_maidmatron-of-honor-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:487e0ffb-d542-44cc-a10b-2e1d8eaef8c5Post:c7f4a287-83d5-4c02-8646-aeabf20d27a8">Maid/Matron of honor (order)</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who have both a maid of honor and a matron of honor: What order are you having them stand in during the ceremony? Which will be closest to you? I can't decide. My matron of honor is a bit more "on the ball," plus she's (obviously) gone through the wedding thing already. <strong>However, my maid of honor would be more hurt if she's NOT the one standing closest to me.</strong> I just don't know ...
    Posted by Lyra1020[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd have your maid of honor stand next to you if she is going to be upset.  At this point, your matron of honor can probably totally relate to fussing over stupid little wedding things like this, and I'd say something like "I was having a really hard time deciding who is going to stand next to me, but I really think that (Maid) would be really upset if she wasn't the one to do it....would you be okay with that?"</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_maidmatron-of-honor-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:487e0ffb-d542-44cc-a10b-2e1d8eaef8c5Post:f97e488e-1edc-4560-afbb-808a2372760d">Re: Maid/Matron of honor (order)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Maid/Matron of honor (order) : I'd have your maid of honor stand next to you if she is going to be upset.  At this point, your matron of honor can probably totally relate to fussing over stupid little wedding things like this, and I'd say something like "I was having a really hard time deciding who is going to stand next to me, but I really think that (Maid) would be really upset if she wasn't the one to do it....would you be okay with that?"
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_maidmatron-of-honor-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:487e0ffb-d542-44cc-a10b-2e1d8eaef8c5Post:f97e488e-1edc-4560-afbb-808a2372760d">Re: Maid/Matron of honor (order)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Maid/Matron of honor (order) : I'd have your maid of honor stand next to you if she is going to be upset.  At this point, your matron of honor can probably totally relate to fussing over stupid little wedding things like this, and I'd say something like "I was having a really hard time deciding who is going to stand next to me, but I really think that (Maid) would be really upset if she wasn't the one to do it....would you be okay with that?"
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>This! She'll likely "get it" easily and you could always switch it up a bit.. maybe if your Maid of Honor gets to stand next to you, your Matron of Honor can be the one to hold your bouquet or the rings if needed? That way both get to be "designated" as special without leaving anyone out?</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards