May 2012 Weddings
Options

Ring sizes

Ok ladies so my FI had my engagement ring sized to a 5 before he gave it to me and it fits PERFECTLY.

I just picked up my wedding band from being resized to a 5 (the rings are both Leo diamond rings from Kay Jewelers, purchased and resized from the same store) and my wedding band seems so much smaller!  I mean I can get it on and off, but it literally hurts to put it on and hurts even more to get it off!  Has anyone else had this happen?  I think I am going to have to have it resized to a bigger size.  I just don't understand how two rings sized to the same size aren't the same size!  It doesn't make sense!
Photobucket

Re: Ring sizes

• Options
    I havent had that problem... Hmmm...
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I haven't gotten mine resized yet, but I've heard that issue coming up from some of my married friends. It is very weird though!

• Options
    when i picked my ring up it was really hot outside so my hands were kind of swollen and i thought that was why it fit so tight but once i got home and cooled off it was still super tight its frustrating
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Its fitting more snug if you have an enhancer, or a ring on both sides of the e-ring because it is esentially making it a wider ring. I wear a 5.5 ring, but will have to have my enhancer band be sized to a 6 because when they're soldered together it will be a much wider ring than my e-ring, so it makes the band smaller... sorry if that doesnt make sense!
  • Options
    nope that makes snese but i only have one band and its not an enhancer its just a white gold band with diamonds halfwway around
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah I had to have mine sized down to a 4.25! It was a 4.5 and too big but when they put the sizer on it was too small at a 4 so I had to have it at a quarter size in between. Funny that your fingers are smaller and bigger depending on where the band sits too; my upper band is a 4.5 and bottom band is a 4 lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_ring-sizes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:49ff5e94-af79-422b-8efb-02f4a89a16e5Post:76c2c235-d7c7-4f94-aca2-bc9c11faa97d">Re: Ring sizes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I had to have mine sized down to a 4.25! It was a 4.5 and too big but when they put the sizer on it was too small at a 4 so I had to have it at a quarter size in between. Funny that your fingers are smaller and bigger depending on where the band sits too; my upper band is a 4.5 and bottom band is a 4 lol
    Posted by klw0022[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I know its so weird!  I am convinced my wedding band is just a smaller size 5 than my e-ring though, because even if I put it on without my e-ring it is still too small!  Once I get back to VA I'm taking it back to be resized again!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I also got my e-ring from Kay and because it needed to be sized down to  5.75 I was told that the shape of the ring band would be shaped like an oval, not a circle to preserve the side stones and ensure they would not fall out. Is this something that they did with your e-ring and that could be why your wedding band fits differently?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hmm mine didn't seem oval shaped but I will have to look at it again!  No one said anything to me about it maybe not fitting the same so I'm pretty upset!  I'm thinking I definitely have to have it resized I can't deal with it being that small.

But Mandi you might be right.  It might be because of the sidestones.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Could it be possible that it's the wrong size?  I wear an 11 because I have sausage fingers, and back when I was in high school I ordered an 11 for my class ring and I got a 3!  Sometimes jewelers make mistakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it was sized wrong, if it is, its an extremely small difference because when I put the rings together they seem to be the same size
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have heard (not confirmed) that bands do fit differently than other rings. I'm not sure why, but I thought of that when I read this. I think my mom told me that about looking for rings, but I'm not even sure what the difference is between bands and other rings...sorry that's not much help!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think I have it figured out! I Cross posted this on the military bride board, and they said that the thickness of the band can cause it too fit more tightly, and my wedding band is thicker than my e-ring.  So advice for when you ladies get your bands sized if they are thicker get them a little bit bigger!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards