May 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR: Hunger Games

So I just saw the Hunger Games... It was AWESOME!!  However, for those of you who saw it, was the theater filled with small kids.  I was amazed.  I mean there was a 5 year old in front of me with all this killing of people on the screen.  Anyone else think it was little inappropriate for small kids?
May 2012 Siggy ~ Favorite E-pic image

Re: NWR: Hunger Games

• Options
    I haven't seen it, but I know what it's about and I find it incredibly inappropriate for children, even preteens. This isn't Harry Potter 7 where Harry is fighting mythical creatures, the Hunger Games is kids murdering other kids.

I want to see it :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yea, NSFK! We went to a theatre that is 21 & up so there was no kiddies ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_nwr-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4aa98972-9c09-4e24-9bdd-986354d939bcPost:452df8a4-8238-41f6-b22f-0851e5839537">NWR: Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I just saw the Hunger Games... It was AWESOME!!  However, for those of you who saw it, was the theater filled with small kids.  I was amazed.  I mean there was a 5 year old in front of me with all this killing of people on the screen.  Anyone else think it was little inappropriate for small kids?
    Posted by arauchte[/QUOTE]

<div>Umm my friends and I were all thinking the same thing.  Although they really did "shakey cam" all the really graphic parts - FI was actually disappointed that they glazed over all the violence.  I mean, it WAS rated PG-13, so parents have no excuse.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    i really liked it and i think they did kind of gloss over most of the really graphic parts, but it was still too much for little kids.

we had a couple preteens sitting behind us last night that could not keep their mouth shut.  ugh, it was so annoying.  i wish kids would learn some respect.
  • Options
    No kidding! We had these tween boys behind us and they laughing it up... I looked at FI and kind of loudly said I will be so pissed if they talk through the movie... dead silence :) Maybe it was overkill on my part but I have been looking forward to the for MONTHS!
  • Options
    LBug24LBug24 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We paid to go to an IMAX version in hopes that pre-teens wouldn't be able to afford it.. We also went at 2 in the afternoon to avoid the crazies. It mostly worked, but there were some 5-7 year olds there! Totally inappropriate, I think.

I was curious to see how they would handle all of the violence while keeping it PG-13.. shakey cam made me feel dizzy!

In all, I think it was good for a movie adaptation of a book.. but I definitely missed Katniss' inner monologue since the movie wasn't from her perspective. 

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards