May 2012 Weddings

Shower host(s)-who's hosting & gift ?

I know that my bridesmaids (all 5, including the 2 MOHs) have been involved in planning my shower but I also know that my Mom & FMIL have been to some of the "shower meetings" with the girls. But I don't know if that means they are also hosting or if they just wanted to give their input.

Can I ask, or would is be rude to ask one of the BMs if the Moms are co-hosting with the BMs?

This leads me to my next ?

If they are all hosting (moms & BMs) I would like to get them all some kind of thank you gift. My thoughts are that I really can't afford to spend a lot, but I want to get them something small at least. Would a couple of the small bath and body works products be enough (under $10 for each girl)

If the Moms are co-hosting, I wouldn't get them the same as the BMs because they'd be less likely to use the b&bw stuff so I thought of getting my Mom & FMIL a yankee candle or something like that....which brings up another issue: my Mom & FMIL are very different when it comes to what they like, so would I have to get them the same type of gift too or can their gift be different?
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: Shower host(s)-who's hosting & gift ?

• I think TK ate your post :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, yes it did!!

I was asking if I should ask the BM (who I know have been planning the shower) if my mom and fmil are also considered to be hosting the shower.

I just want to make sure I get the right amount of thank you gifts.

I already talked to one BM who said she wasn't sure yet and that they we're sure the cost of anything since they didn't have the complete head count yet. She told me that she'd let me know as soon as she knew. I know that my Mom & FMIL have been involved in the shower plans but I wasn't sure if they were just giving opinions are being considered as hosts too.

My second ? was about gifts. I can't spend a lot of $ on the thank you gifts and I was thinking about getting each BM a couple of bath and body works things (under $10 per person). Then get the moms a candle or something like that.

Any other gift ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • if it were me i would just assume they were all hosting and get everyone a gift.

i think the B&BW stuff would be a good gift for the girls if you know it's something they could use.  you can always put it in a pretty bag with tissue and ribbons to make it extra pretty.

as for the MOB & MOG, i like the idea of the candles if it's something they like.  i don't think you need to get them both the same thing though.  the candle would be something i think my FMIL would like, but not my mom (she gives me and my sister all the candles she receives as gifts  lol).  maybe a bottle of wine (you can get a decent bottle for ~$10) and a cute wine stopper or wine bottle opener. 
  • I don't think that you need to spend a lot to show your appreciation. I also plan on only spending about $10 each (plus their wedding thank you gift).
    I also don't think you need to get the same thing for everyone. Get what you know they'll like/use.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Something small for everyone will be fine.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards