May 2012 Weddings

Cake Inspiration!

I (finally) found my cake inspiration!

I already have a baker lined up and we went over some things about the cake already. We established that the cake would be 4 tiered, we selected our flavors, and decided that we wanted to cake to be frosted with white buttercream and the tiers would have dots on one layer, then scroll on the other, and then dots, and scroll along all 4 of the tiers.

What I couldn't decide on was what I wanted to do in terms of adding some color to the cake and incorporating it into our romantic -beach theme. I found a photo of a cake today (on Pinterest) that is exactly what I'm looking for. 

I think we'll add some pink roses as well to the green orchids and white hydrangea, and maybe a couple of small sand dollars. But overall this is how I want our cake to look and I am SO excited about finding this pic!

I've also had a hard time deciding on a cake topper, so thats still up in the air...the initial is nice, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea yet. I've considered some type of figurine but I havent found one that I love yet.
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: Cake Inspiration!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards