May 2012 Weddings

Trying SO hard not to send out my invites yet!!

It's really really hard to not just go to the post office and drop them all off but I wanted to wait until the first week of March! It's so exciting to hear about you guys getting your first rsvp's back and I can't wait for that!! I spent like 5 hours this morning finishing assembling them all and putting the stamps on and now that they're just sitting here, I can't help but want to send them out! Is anyone else having this dilemma too?
178 Are Invited
image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
RSVP Date April 14
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trying SO hard not to send out my invites yet!!

• I was going to wait until this week to send mine out but ended up sending them out last Wednesday. They were finished and I was so excited! So they went out early. Lol we received our first two RSVP cards back already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have mine done and its hard not to send them out.. I'm waiting until March 10th!
  • We're early May...I guess I need to get mine out huh? lol. Trying to motivate FI to help me finish the addresses. We're both finishing up college and are having a hard time finding the "extra" time...did I menion he's in the middle of fixing the head on his Jeep Wrangler (whatever that is, lol)...there just arent' enough hours in the day. lol

...hang in there. It will be here sooner then you know it and then you'll have to juggle RSVPs :)
    Anniversary
  • I was going to wait until the last week of February to send them out but I just couldn't wait!  I ended up sending them out February 15th.  lol
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just finished 98% of mine last night, still waiting on 4 addresses though. I plan to send them out by Friday but it might not happen until Monday. I too have been really antsy though to get them in the mail but then I have this fear that everyone will RSVP no! Does anyone else ever worry about that?
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • I am trying to wait until March 17th.  8 weeks before wedding which is supposedly acceptable.  The girls are coming to help me address the invites next Monday.  I have a feeling they are going out the first weekend in March (gasp! 2 weeks ahead of time).  We have a lot of out of townies AND we didnt do save the dates (We just got engaged in December lol) 
  • I guess this is the part where spelling my FI's last name wrong on the accommodation cards worked out in my favor. :)  They are ready to go except for the cards which I had to reorder, so I can't send them out.  I'm sure I would be antsy to get them out too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_trying-so-hard-not-to-send-out-my-invites-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:562bc3cd-88a7-49a2-aebf-c58377884270Post:71ab2b4d-a277-494b-a1d7-0df31db0621a">Re: Trying SO hard not to send out my invites yet!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished 98% of mine last night, still waiting on 4 addresses though. I plan to send them out by Friday but it might not happen until Monday. I too have been really antsy though to get them in the mail but then<strong> I have this fear that everyone will RSVP no! Does anyone else ever worry about that?
    </strong>Posted by spalko[/QUOTE]

Absolutely I do!  I have this fear that 1- no one will come and 2- if they do come no one will dance.

I also have this fear that it will be 98% FI's guests and 2% mine. :)
  • Everyone is making me laugh. Thanks. I didn't even start doing my invites & I dont have  99% of my Fh family address (There loss).

I guess sometime this week I will began to think about doing them. I still have a month before they go out anyway.

Good luck to everyone & Enjoy the RSVP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_trying-so-hard-not-to-send-out-my-invites-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:562bc3cd-88a7-49a2-aebf-c58377884270Post:71ab2b4d-a277-494b-a1d7-0df31db0621a">Re: Trying SO hard not to send out my invites yet!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished 98% of mine last night, still waiting on 4 addresses though. I plan to send them out by Friday but it might not happen until Monday. <strong>I too have been really antsy though to get them in the mail but then I have this fear that everyone will RSVP no! Does anyone else ever worry about that?

I have the opposite fear!!  We're <em>really</em> close to capacity at our venue, and I have a fear everyone will say yes.  It stresses me out even thinking about it.  I've heard through the grapevine about some people that can't come, and I'm secretly so happy.  And then I feel guilty for being happy that people can't come.  Ugh.
    [QUOTE]I just finished 98% of mine last night, still waiting on 4 addresses though. I plan to send them out by Friday but it might not happen until Monday.<strong> I too have been really antsy though to get them in the mail but then I have this fear that everyone will RSVP no! Does anyone else ever worry about that?
    I had this same worry a while ago, and then I started getting RSVP's. Now my fear is that we'll have too many. We budgeted for 50ppl and ended up inviting 80! My mom has already agreed to cover costs for any guests over the 50 count, but the less she has to shell out, the better IMO (she's already contributed a lot). We've had 5 Accept so far, but that doesn't include the family that I know for sure will attend.
  • I fear we are going to have too many.  I mean we can swing if it comes to that, but I would really be more comfortable with 150-160 than 200!

And not to be a bad influence, but the 1st week of March starts next week, technically....I don't think it would make too much of a difference mailing them out a week in advance.  Plus, TK's planner says to mail them out at the 3 month mark anyways, so I think there are different opinions on that.  Just saying... =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm planning on sending them out at the three month mark, but only because they are pretty much done and ready to go!  I dropped my mom's invitation in the mail today just to make sure the amount of postage is correct (there was some dissent at the post office as to whether or not the invites were too rigid).  If she gets it ok, I'll be buying the rest of the postage and sending those puppies out! :)

Also, I'm REALLY afraid a lot of my family won't show up (they all have to travel 900 miles).  Several people have told my mom they probably won't come...and they are all lame excuses. :/  I just keep reminding myself that it doesn't matter who attends, I'm getting married to the man of my dreams regardless!
  • Originally I was going to send out on Feb 23rd but at last minute sent them all out on Valentine's Day. I got my first RSVP back a few days later. Mail was super fast, for once ;-)
  • Ours are just about done, & I know it's going to be hard to wait to put them in the mail! We plan on sending them out March 10th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards