Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Countdown & Updates

Hi gals!

I am excited to finally say we are at the one year mark!!!!  Also wanted to say that this board is great. I moved to NJ 2 months ago, we're right on the border of PA, so I checked out the NEPA board.... crickets!!! A few gals responded to my post but all agreed that their board is pretty dead.

We put an offer on a house in Stroudsburg, PA this week. Still waiting to hear back. I am still unemployed and it sucks. I need to get out of vacation mode and hit the job applications with full force again. We also rescued an adorable 12 week old puppy! He's probably peeing in the kitchen as I type this, lol.

With a year away, I think we're fairly ahead of the game... so far we have:
ceremony/venue location - Succop Conservancy in Butler (Medure's catering)
officiant - friend
dress - DB's on McKnight
bridal party - 10 total
photographer - Hot Metal Studio
e-pics scheduled for 9/17/12 (with Maria Palermo)
hair from a friend who works at CJ Cochran in New Castle, Pa
makeup from Ciel
possible DJ - friend
STDs/Invites picked out
first draft of guest list
partial wedding website
possible day of wedding planner - friend

I think that's all for now... I can't wait to work on more checklist items!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Re: Countdown & Updates

• Yeaaaa congrats! How exciting you have so much done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Congrats!! You have so much done! :) I'm pretty ahead of the game on the checklist too, I feel like its better to get stuff done early and not have to stress about it later!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your year before date and having so much accomplished already!  I know we were talking about photogs a while ago and I see that you decided to book Hot Metal Studios!  That's so exciting.  Their work is great, but FI and I decided to spend a bit less and go with a very talented gal who is just starting out.  But I am very excited for you since I know that HMS is who you originally wanted!!!  I was just seeing that our videographer did a wedding that HMS shot (Elyse and Brenden) and the photos were absolutely beautiful.  
  • Wow seeing this post makes me realize how much I have to do! (my year mark isn't up for another few months). This motivates me to get going! :)
  • YAY on being one year out AND on having so much done! ... Can't wait to see those e-pics soon!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards