May 2012 Weddings

Middle of the night random post

I'm at work slightly bored so thought I'd say hey! :)

AND my photographer told me today she has 427 engagement pics of us! HOLY PHOTOS BATMAN! I can't believe it. I'm super excited about seeing all of them though.

Also, I'd like to admit I need to get re-motivated with my wedding planning. I was so worried about procrastinating at the beginning and was so gung-ho but now I'm slacking.

One last thing I thought would be fun to do, everyone share when/how you realized your FI is the one. I know it's slightly cheesy, but I think it's cute. :)

I'm not sure I have a single event where I realized my FI is the one. I just can't imagine myself with anyone else. He saves me from myself and just knows all of my little quirks and emotions. I do remember laying in bed watching tv one day and randomly thinking to myself "yep, he's it."

Haha sorry for the randomness!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Middle of the night random post

• i dont know that there is one moment i knew...many smaller moments.
    probably the one that told me the most was our first kiss.it was the first time i had ever come into his room and we were sitting watching doctor who at his computer. and on the show the doctor leans in to kiss rose to save her from the time vortex and i siged and said something about how romantic and he pulled me close and kissed me just the same way and a few seconds in there was this moment... this thing in me that said something along the lines of these arms will hold me forever if i let them. then there was that valentines day where i jokingly said on my face book page that if someone *coughchriscough* wanted to impress me they would get a doctor who valentine for me. he stayed up all night writing down every romantic line between the doctor and rose he could find and sent them to me through out the night.
    and there is all sorts of little things like that.
  • This will sound corny, but I think I knew he was the one since the moment I met him.  We met accidently through craigslist, and I can remember the first time I saw him thinking, "Wow." I knew within a couple of months of being with him that I was going to marry him, so I just waited until he came to the same conclusion a year later. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Without going into too much detail, the night he stood up for me. No one has ever done that with the stoic and determined conscious he has. It blew me away.
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • I met my FI through a dating website, so I knew we were compatible before we met, and after a few days of chatting online and phone calls, we met up and went for a walk, and the conversation kept flowing. That week we went out every evening, and a day hasn't gone by that we haven't seen each other or talked extensively ever since. I knew he was marriage material after a few weeks, when we spent a weekend at the Cape and talked about the future a bit more and realized we want the same thing (which is more of a traditional lifestyle than most 23 yr olds want). I've had more moments where I realize he's perfect for me again and again, but those were the first ones :)
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I met my FI our freshman year of college. He liked me throughout the whole year... and I had boyfriends on and off... I had no idea what I wanted. By the end of the year, FI and I got to be really close friends. He was dropping me off at my car on campus one day, and as he was pulling away he got in a car accident. It wasn't anything major, he wasn't hurt, but I knew right then and there how much I cared about him, and how scared I was that he could have been hurt. I knew I had to spend the rest of my life with him :) And that's when we started dating

FI says he knew even earlier than that... so weird that it actually is "When you know, you know"
  • I really didn't have I moment... We were together for about over a year and I just knew that I didn't want to be with anyone else but him and I also couldn't imagine not having him in my life...
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jason and I met online (I hate saying this, because it was through Myspace and totally not on purpose), and he asked to meet me in person.  I was nervous because I had never met anyone from the internet.  I think I knew shortly after we met in person (after a few dates) that he was the one for me.  :)
  • FI and I went to high school together.  He was one of my very best friends.  He always had a crush on me, but I always had boyfriends.  At the end of our senior year, we started spending more time together and finally started dating (even though I was about to leave for college- 4 hours away).  I can't pin point an exact time when I knew he was "the one."  I think it happened gradually.  I just realized that I couldn't imagine being without him and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him..... =]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited May 2011
    FI and I met on the first day of freshman year. We both played a fall sport and one day about a week after meeting, we ended up in my dorm on opposite ends of the bed and took a nap together. I woke up thinking, wow this is weird haha and then looked at him sleeping and felt so at peace and content. We had a stormy first year since it was freshman year and we each were "finding ourself" but since we handled that together, I knew my initial feelings were true. I've always been pretty independent throughout this six year relationship and I finally admitted to myself that I was ready to marry this man just last year! haha
  • FI and I started dating the beginning of our senior year of high school, so I didn't really think about it then.  I knew that there weren't any fundamental qualities about him that I couldn't have in my husband, so that was good enough for me to decide to date him.  And then sometime, about a year and a half later, I went through a bunch of crap with my parents, since I was off at school, and just generally arguing about everything related to my future.  And there was a time in the middle of all that (and directly related to something my father said to me) and it was the first time I'd ever seen FI cry.  And just the realization that this big, tough, never-cries guy would cry about something because he knew how much it was hurting me was so touching.  And it was at that moment that he became the primary man in my life, and I haven't looked back since, even if I was only 18 years old. [Although, my father and I are on much better terms now, it never changed that.]
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • We met on an online dating site..and It actually almost didnt happen because I had just broken up with a guy I had met thru there a few weeks before...but I had left my profile "on" and he messaged me and within a few hrs of online talking..we talked on phone and met 2 days later in person...Yeah I wasnt very smart to start...very stupid..but hey..it worked out Lol. 

Within 2 months I was getting those..oh crap..i have very serious feelings does he feeling..and that went on for a couple weeks till we both gave in to the 3 letter word...but  that true moment?

Well more like a true week moment...when my great grandma went downhill fast and died later that week...he was willing to cancel our Gettysburg trip and spend the time with me...just blew me away...granted my family made us go on the trip still to keep me distracted...and when on the trip he was constantly making sure I was having fun and let me have my cries when I needed them....he was just there for me..I hadnt had that before..I had been the adult before with the ex...but when he actually took the day off of her funeral...that was the seal of the deal for me :)  Ughh cryin now just thinkin back :(...

Anyways..thats pretty much the "moment" ..yeah we rushed headlong..but our familes knew we were in it for life same time we did haha...but we keeping them happier by waiting a year to get married...oh well..love knows no boundries I guess lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards